Who would YOU de-Permaban?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you are so right letter boy .......

He's still around. Posting on the current "Crazy Specialities Thread"
Nope that was Dec 14 and prior to his last post here. The one here shows as his last post. He is reading so I really hope as he sees so many posts recognize his contribution it will ease the frustration expressed in his last post ... We all have good and bad times and sometimes we just need to feel appreciated.

@boulderjohn some of us wouldn't still be here if it wasn't for you...:flowers:

Heck, I'd buy him a real beer if he wanted one.
You are in for a rough ride. :wink: He brews his own and knows his stuff...

@boulderjohn, I love to sample local beers when I travel. My fav of all time is: Current Branding – Marble Brewery

Click on 'Bitter". It is a vegan beer that pairs wonderfully with a juicy brit steak. I'll put it up against any wimpy-ass IPA.

(Stingy bastards won't export. I know, I called them more than once.)

You are in for a rough ride. :wink:

He brews his own and knows his stuff...

@boulderjohn, I love to sample local beers when I travel. My fav of all time is: Current Branding – Marble Brewery

Click on 'Bitter". It is a vegan beer that pairs wonderfully with a juicy brit steak. I'll put it up against any wimpy-ass IPA. (Stingy bastards won't export. I know, I called them more than once.)
Man, when I was in Puerto Rico I had this blood orange blonde ale that was amazing. Literally the best I have ever had. just orange enough that you knew it was there but not fruit juicy...

Ocean Lab Brewing Co.

They are a tiny little brewery just outside of San Juan it was so awesome to get some of the micro brews there. There were a bunch of just little breweries. They had co-op like setups where a couple guys had a recipe and another brewery would rent them space in their brewery to make their own beer. It was so cool and cooperative.

Mmmm. But I'd have to try it before I become a convert...

I love exploring truly local beers, you get everything from swill (there was a TRULY notable pineapple beer) to surprises such as these.
Every place we went, spent 2 weeks traveling the island, I asked for a local beer. They would offer "import" Heineken and budwieser, nah I want local beer and there were several I was like nah I can't finish this.

Dragonstone abbey is another brewery there that had great beer, I had one of their limited releases the name slips my mind right now, but there were something like 100 cases bottled. It was so amazing. And the local cultural influences on everything from flavors to the label design were awesome.

Anyway, if John is reading this, I have a cabinet full of beers everything from porters and stouts to IPA's (5+ years worth of Dogfish 120) I would love to share. If you're ever in south florida that is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom