Whole Family Affair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nrgmgmt

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My wife and I certified in May 2006. The lake was 42 degrees and we like to froze to death. We did it so we could dive Belize on a cruise we were taking...and then found out she was pregnant, so she did not get to dive at all.

Fast forward to today and we have a daughter and son that are ready to learn to dive. So we are getting out all the equipment and taking a refresher course while my kids are certifying in September.

I am excited to get back to diving. I took the Advanced Open Water in May 2007. My last dive was at Epcot Dive Quest in Disney World Sept 2011. It was so much fun to interact with the kids and parents that were in the restaurant eating and watching.

Anyway, now that we have more time we expect to dive often again.

That is great. Diving with family is very rewarding and also a big pain in the tail. But I wouldn't trade it. I did forget also very expensive lol

Welcome back to the depths! Glad to see you're bringing some new recruits, too! My son isn't quite old enough just yet, but he's doing the PADI Seal Team stuff right now. He turns 10 September 2019 so I'll try to get him certified at that point. He loves it so far, though!

My wife and I certified in May 2006. The lake was 42 degrees and we like to froze to death. We did it so we could dive Belize on a cruise we were taking...and then found out she was pregnant, so she did not get to dive at all.

Fast forward to today and we have a daughter and son that are ready to learn to dive. So we are getting out all the equipment and taking a refresher course while my kids are certifying in September.

I am excited to get back to diving. I took the Advanced Open Water in May 2007. My last dive was at Epcot Dive Quest in Disney World Sept 2011. It was so much fun to interact with the kids and parents that were in the restaurant eating and watching.

Anyway, now that we have more time we expect to dive often again.
Welcome back. Yeah, 42 degrees can be tough. Need the lobster mitts and a nice warm day to warm up in between dives.
I've gotten soft after 13 years in Southern Canada.
Of course, you could become one of those Drysuit guys.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom