Who's going to BTS 2008?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Too back, DPE! But we'll forgive you for diving during the show...:D And yes, it is usually the third week in March but because of Easter, it had to be pushed back.

As to Down130's question, if you have going to be there on Friday, we always have a tech party at the Embassy Suites. I'll have to check with the boss but there has been plenty of free beer and snacks. It's a good time to schmooze around. And if all else fails, we make our own party at Bazookas! Not a very big place but we usually get a group and have burgers and beer.

I really wanted to go, but I can't make it :(. Although the reason I can't make it is because I'll be in the Caribbean diving...but still, bad timing. I hope to attend next year for sure. Is it always at the end of March?

Yes it is always at the end of March. Gee I wouldn't mind doing the carribean instead.

Yeah the caribbean diving will indeed be fun...but it really is bad timing. I spend ALL winter here on SB, thinking about diving, talking about diving, with no diving events to go to. I book my trip and come to find out I'm going to miss one of the biggest diving expos in the country AND my LDS is hosting an open house while I'm gone too. Geez people, cut a girl a break and have some stuff while I'm actually in the US.

I hear you. My LDS had their open house in December, the weekend I was leaving for Australia.

Got the RV all ready to go today! I bought the RV about 2 months ago and this is our first trip in it. We're REALLY looking forward to it! Hoping we can find a place to park!

Yeah the caribbean diving will indeed be fun...but it really is bad timing. I spend ALL winter here on SB, thinking about diving, talking about diving, with no diving events to go to. I book my trip and come to find out I'm going to miss one of the biggest diving expos in the country AND my LDS is hosting an open house while I'm gone too. Geez people, cut a girl a break and have some stuff while I'm actually in the US.

Let's see....diving in the Caribbean...going to a dive show...diving in the Caribbean going to the LDS's party....hmmm tough choice!

Tell ya what, give me your tickets and you can accompany my friend to BTS and hit your LDS' party!

I know it's a sacrifice, but I'm just a nice guy! :rofl3:

Just got back from BTS, and met NetDoc, Muggsy, and HowardE...Muggsy pinned me!
Thanks again!

It was great to see the humans behind the screen names!!

Finnally recovered from the weekend. Did get to meet Net Doc briefly, as well as a young lady ,whose name i didn't get, who tried to sign me up (just a little late).
Was busy helping out at the Long Island Divers Booth and doing room chair on Sunday morning introducing some interesting seminars on wreck diving.

As for getting wet, did Jan and Feb on Long Island where the water temp was about 10 deg warmer than the air (and the water was abt 40), then it was Boyntan Bch FL for half a dozen dives weekend before the show, and next week its Grand Cayman.
Will be back just in time for the local season to open up.

Geez, Lou, must be tough to be you....:D

I was the room chair on Friday (and gopher) for the Public Service Divers seminar. It went off very well and met some interesting vendors. Saturday I was wondering around and a couple of cuties from SB tried to sign me up as well. If I knew you were working the booth, I would have stopped by. I got to chat with Sassi from the board here while she was working the Single Divers booth.

The Film Festival was fantastic and some people walked away from some awesome pictures from Wyland on the cheap!! The deco party sucked. Won't be doing that again.

Bottom line is I think we had a great show and the kids and hospital will benefit from it. I spent a lot of bucks, but it is all about the kids. Now, to get ready for next year.

We try to sign everybody up! :D Why keep the best diving board to ourselves?

It was nice to meet all of you! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom