Who's going to BTS 2008?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anywhoo... Did anyone see the BosskUSA booth ? I never heard of them before.They had some really cool anodized aluminium lights. Cone shaped. The rep. is sending me a price list, but I think they're an arm and a leg. They had a nice modeling light for photography, too.

Did anyone see the booth on the very right hand side aisle (of the entrance) that was selling what looked like a DIR steak knife for your belt? They had both black and red sheaths. I need to get another sheath. Can't remember their name.

Dive Rite Cutting Tools - DIR Knives, Z-Knives, Shears

Hogarthian knife ? The 'broken' steak knife ? I didn't see the booth, but I think this is what you're talking about. I don't think DiveRite sells only the sheath, though.

Problem: I already have the DSS sheath. They were selling replacement knives...but they do not fit the DSS sheath. Two knives looking for a a sheath!

Anywhoo... Did anyone see the BosskUSA booth ? I never heard of them before.They had some really cool anodized aluminium lights. Cone shaped. The rep. is sending me a price list, but I think they're an arm and a leg. They had a nice modeling light for photography, too.

No, I didn't see them. Man, there are so many new light products, you tend not to hit them all. Many of them are trying to cut into the market and others finding a niche. I believe a lot of the vendors though are providing excellent products.

I thought this was a really good show.

Well, I had a ticket - but I didn't make it. Sorry I missed the film festival (I think I was at dinner then), but glad I missed the Deco party if it wasn't any fun (I'm pretty sure I was drinkin' elsewhere:D)

It was a pleasure meeting you at the show, as well as, many others.

Yeah, someone said how great the deco party was, so I bought a ticket. I was truly impressed with the speakers and getting to see them in person and their latest accomplishments. I hope Wyland is going to be selling his paintings next year, because my wife is saving her pennies. He was selling custom paints for $2000, all the proceeds going to the children's hospital. Same food as over at the other parties, except unbelievably rude people. It was difficult not punching out a couple of knuckle draggers. Of course, people think that of me as well....:rofl3:

Sometimes you feel insignificant when seating among the pioneers in so many areas. I had the opportunity to speak with Jill Heinreth at the show. You could not find a more humble and down to earth person. Needless to say, they are not all like that...:D

Well, if you were drinking somewhere else, then it was probably a LOT less expensive than the show and hotel prices.....:mooner:

Next year I'm bringing a case of Yuengling and carry a tote bag!

Oh yeah....A big shout out to my buddy Xjae, who brought me a bottle of Yuengling for me to the tech party and to Trukdiver for toting it around. YOU GUYS ROCK!! :D

I missed NetDoc and Howard (went by twice) but the 2 women (I forget their names) told Pir8 and I about the free rum bottles. I keep checking to see if I won a trip to St. Croix.

No, I didn't see them. Man, there are so many new light products, you tend not to hit them all. Many of them are trying to cut into the market and others finding a niche. I believe a lot of the vendors though are providing excellent products.

I thought this was a really good show.

I thought it was all lights and reels! Everyone had either a light or a reel...(a few of the lights looked like...errr...well they looked interesting! :rofl3:)

Back
Top Bottom