Why breathe from a long hose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I stopped climbing about ten years ago,I stared rock climbing in So Cal in the early nineties , Tahquitz, Suicide and Ortega Falls, and j-Tree when it was still a National Monument, then more mountaineering, Whitney, Rainer and Denali and a lot of unnamed stuff. Truth to tell, I was never an outstanding climber, but I knew a bunch a famous ones, and when the the dead climbers I knew exceeded the live ones, well, I thought, they were world class and I'm not, so...

I enjoyed the solitude more than anything, and if you go into the backcountry, you can find that without risking a bad zipper fall.
Nomad

Ah, a kindered spirit :wink:. There are a few of us floating around the scuba community. I started climbing in So Cal in 96 before the gyms, when it was all about mentors. Climbed non stop for many years bouldering, trad, sport & big wall climbing.

We probably share some friends, and probably share quite a few dead friends too. We may even know each other. I agree, when too many friends died -- I packed up the more exteme stuff. But still love to grab rock now and then.

It would be fun if we know each other from another chapter.

Last edited:
As long as I can find someone to take care of my kitties I would be up for multiple days of shore diving in monterey :D

I can't always be running off to warm water when we have such great diving right here on the No Cali coast :wink:. No plans yet - but I will have multiple week not days.

Forget shore diving, my boat is running great now :D I hammered on it the other day to confirm it was ocean worthy again, after replacing the CDI box.

I would like to do a shorter trip like 4-5 days to Cabo Pulmo. I like quit peaceful places. Catalina is on my list of adventures too, as I have never been.

I love my long hose friends!
Just got back from a great day diving Lobos!
I promise, we don't all look as intense as the demo post ;-)

leslieben.jpg
[/IMG]

Wow,

I couldn't believe it when I saw it, I literally had to do a double take when I saw this pic...

I thought it was one of your PI vacation pictures since Leslie is with you...

You are having way too much fun and I love it, you can see it in your faces...

Kathy you are turning this sport into fun.... :D

p.s
If this picture doesn't illustrate the 7ft longhose use, I don't know what does, and they look like they are having fun rather than that serious face on that other dude...

Wow,

I couldn't believe it when I saw it, I literally had to do a double take when I saw this pic...

I thought it was one of your PI vacation pictures since Leslie is with you...

You are having way too much fun and I love it, you can see it in your faces...

Kathy you are turning this sport into fun.... :D

Yup it is totally fun!!!

I used to have the double fisherman knot, until Bob Sherwood ripped it off (it took quite a pull) to 'prove' how easily it comes apart... Ever since I've just had the shock cord through the zip tie; it's adjustable which is good I guess. Bob is on the 'GUE Training Council.'

In any case I think they both work fine, one is adjustable and the other is easily removed/replaced.

Oh, rock climbing is fun, but I prefer SRT - inside a cave. :D

Forget shore diving, my boat is running great now :D I hammered on it the other day to confirm it was ocean worthy again, after replacing the CDI box.

I would like to do a shorter trip like 4-5 days to Cabo Pulmo. I like quit peaceful places. Catalina is on my list of adventures too, as I have never been.

I'd be up for a Catalina trip during Thanksgiving week. Not sure if I'm ready to do another international trip :D

I'd be up for a Catalina trip during Thanksgiving week. Not sure if I'm ready to do another international trip :D

Ha have fun ;-) I'll be in So Fla for Turkey Day:wink:. Lookin' forward to diving Key Largo. By chance will anyone else be down there?

Catalina is on my list of adventures too, as I have never been.

Catalina is a must (I love the Garabaldi) - only a 6 hour drive. Just a quick extended weekend.

Oh, rock climbing is fun, but I prefer SRT - inside a cave. :D
Poped into one or two of those too. The skills are suprisingly transferable :).
I love the little squeezes. Never dropped into a pit - still have my jumars - certainly a must do ;-).

For me the best days were at least 300ft up on the vertical. Now I'm luvin the blue ;-).

Ha have fun ;-) I'll be in So Fla for Turkey Day:wink:. Lookin' forward to diving Key Largo. By chance will anyone else be down there?

Key Largo is nice; I was there earlier this year. I only did one dive on the Spiegel Grove but I wish I'd had at least two days. It's an excellent shipwreck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom