Why Come to Coz in January?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't need help getting in and out of the water. I am in my late 60's, though, so I don't any longer think I'm bulletproof. Go ahead on, though; I'll be the guy sitting back with a cold one when the waves are crashing over the ironshore by the pool.

What I had said was that based on what I had seen, specifically the three days the port was closed last December, I didn't see conditions that would deter me from shore diving. That doesn't mean I think I am bulletproof or that I would shore dive in a tropical storm. If waves are crashing and spraying over the dock, I'll be having a cold one beside you.

Blows my skirt up? You're the one acting like a scared little school girl, lol. Not all of us need to be helped in and out of the water. We jump into the water at BA from the dock and exit from the ladder on the dock. The dock isn't moving even on the windiest of days.
Personally, I see no need to criticize others for their diving practices. Do what you want.

Personally, I see no need to criticize others for their diving practices. Do what you want.
It's OK. He's from Houston, after all. :D

Agreed, and I was being polite up until the "blows my skirt up" putdown was thrown my way completely unprovoked.

What I had said was that based on what I had seen, specifically the three days the port was closed last December, I didn't see conditions that would deter me from shore diving. That doesn't mean I think I am bulletproof or that I would shore dive in a tropical storm. If waves are crashing and spraying over the dock, I'll be having a cold one beside you.
We tried a dive up near the airport one day when the port was closed. There was enough current to make it no fun and we aborted after a short time and went to the east side.

Agreed, and I was being polite up until the "blows my skirt up" putdown was thrown my way completely unprovoked.
I explained that, didn't I? It wasn't intended as a putdown.

I explained that, didn't I? It wasn't intended as a putdown.

Then you shouldn't consider "scared little school girl" a putdown. Keep on keeping Austin Weird.

Stop bickering.

Back
Top Bottom