Why Come to Coz in January?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok I just have to say my 2 cents here. I don't know Dave or Christi but I do follow their posts, respect their opinion and believe they both run solid respectable businesses. Christi is very diplomatic, fact driven and avoids the emotional responses. I swear Dave wants to replicate President Trumps characteristics. He usually does the right things, runs a great business, looks out for his clients BUT is so brash and frankly obnoxious at times. The end result is great but the bully routine gets old. IMHO - Dave took a cheap shot at Christi that was not called for. We ALL know you are the big boy on Coz so you really don't need to take the cheap shots.

Why doesn't someone (Christie, Dave, someone else) post port closures for all, or pertinent months, for the last 5 years or so, that we can all use that information to help in making travel decisions.

Why doesn't someone (Christie, Dave, someone else) post port closures for all, or pertinent months, for the last 5 years or so, that we can all use that information to help in making travel decisions.

I am actually working on that as we speak. I compiled the January information that I had immediate access to for the past five years to address this post. I should have the remaining months data compiled within a day or two.

To make it really useful, if y'all could just go ahead and post the port closures for the next five years that would be great.

I am actually working on that as we speak. I compiled the January information that I had immediate access to for the past five years to address this post. I should have the remaining months data compiled within a day or two.
Thanks very much, many of us will find that information very interesting and useful.

D'autre part, it would also be interesting to know whether Aldora took divers to the "other" side on those days that the port was closed on the dates mentioned by Christi.

Could be a nice way to insure your future January trip.

If somebody calls and says let’s go to Coz, and in January, I’ll go. As Poseidon is my savior!

When ports are closed, is shore diving allowed? Our hotel last month didn't allow it but I'm not sure if that was their policy or mandated.
I'm pretty sure that it is mandated, but at any rate when the port is closed it is due to wind making the water too rough to safely get in and out of boats both at the docks and the dive sites. Would you really want to try a shore entry/exit in those conditions? I sure wouldn't.

I'm pretty sure that it is mandated, but at any rate when the port is closed it is due to wind making the water too rough to safely get in and out of boats both at the docks and the dive sites. Would you really want to try a shore entry/exit in those conditions? I sure wouldn't.

Yes I would, absolutely, based on what I have seen. Piece of cake. Especially with ladder exits.

Are the beach clubs closed? Do the southern AI resorts close the beaches and prohibit entering the water?

I've been down for a week + in January for the last 4-5 years and have yet to miss a day due to port closures. It's quite sad that a man as old as Dave has to create threads like this on a stupid message board to try and troll other dive ops. It gets so old reading it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom