Why did you become a Dive Master?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last year I became a Master Scuba Diver, I finished my DM course last week end, I start my IDC next weekend. Why? to become a better diver, to help others to become divers, to help others because of Rescue skills and role model skills, to become a better diver, to help others become a better diver, to have fun, to meet the challenges, to travel, to become amazed by the underwater world. The DM course was great fun, the Instructor awesome, the challenges humbling, working with students awakening, earning the certification exhilarating. oh did I mention I am becoming a better diver. The most important skill my instructor taught me was to laugh underwater.

To improve my skills (it worked).
To get somewhat back into teaching (was a career Band teacher).
Enjoyed assisting OW candidates during the DM course.
Something to do in retirement.
Have a chance to make very little money.

I have always been around the water growing up on lake Erie, but never thought too much about going under. My choice in vocation has sent me through Central America several times when the underwater world was shared with me and I was hooked. As a DM of only 4 months now I got a chance to be that 'professional' that can help bring the world to another new face. I find it rewarding and wish my LDS didn't close and I had more opportunity to use my DM cert this year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom