Why do you dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

love2godeep

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
A "deep" question.....

Why do you dive? Most of us have a near obsession with the sport, but I know there are many reasons for that fascination.

I'd love to hear why it is that YOU can't wait to get wet again.

I suppose this question has been asked on the Board before, but there are many new members.... and I couldn't find a previous post like this, anyway.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

My facination with diving started when i discovered i could hold my breath underwater, after that it was all down hill, then i needed a mask, and snorkel and last year i decided, hey enough holding my breath to see whats underneath me, im getting scuba certified, and because i have such a love for whats underneath the waves, be it treasure or a mucky silt bottom, is what makes me want to get wet.

I dive to see what's there and to relax. Diving is as close to flying without having an airplane around you as you can get on this earth. When you have your bouyancy under control and you are skimming the reef, it's just like flying. Pure bliss.

I've been swimming since I was 18 months old and snorkeling since I was 4. Scuba diving was a way to expand my horizons and provide me with the necessary means to further my love of the water as well as learn about the creatures that inhabit it through first hand observation. Be kind to animals...go kiss a shark.

I like to dive because of the awesome people and interesting gadgets.

Plus, I look cool in a wetsuit.

-V

I'm a nitrogen addict.........let the madness begin. Not going to mention my everlasting quest to find that all elusive mermaid.

Because the voices stop!:D

Well, I learned to dive because my husband made me :)

Then I discovered neutral buoyancy and found being weightless to be absolutely intoxicating.

Then I took a Marine Life ID course and found out how many cool critters were down there that I hadn't even been seeing. That made it even more appealing.

And then I discovered a bunch of people who had really remarkable skills underwater that I didn't have, which made it a challenge, which is all it takes to keep me fascinated with something long-term. And if the challenge is almost impossible to meet, so much the better (surgical personality). So I think it's all over for me . . .

Back
Top Bottom