Why does DIR reject quick disconnects?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
mstevens:
Well, here's a view from *outside* the cult. bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla

*yawn*

don't care how you dive. i'm quite sure that 'DIW' isn't going to kill you. at the same time i don't care one bit about any of your opinions (sorry if that hurts, but i expect you don't care about mine either). this is the DIR forum, please go away and potificate somewhere else.

Doc Intrepid:
This thread started in April, 2004, and ended about a month later in May, 2004.

It died a merciful death, until you resurrected it from the grave this morning and began your rant where it left off.
FWIW, you don't have to dig through any archives since the old ones always show up as the related threads at the bottom of each page. Why they don't automatically lock old threads, say with more than 1 year of inactivity, is beyond me.

Wijbrandus:
What I don't see is the sense of dragging out a year-dead thread just to bash around people who do their thing their own way and don't bother anyone else while doing it.

Maybe because it is fun? Maybe to spark a little discord? I don't know, I am just grasping at straws here.

StSomewhere:
Why they don't automatically lock old threads, say with more than 1 year of inactivity, is beyond me.

But when we do as we are told, anotherwords, do a search, how can we join in on the fight if the 4 year old thread is locked?

(The Fool raising his post count)

it maybe old to scuba veterans but there are new entrants to the boards and that's what makes this forum Dynamic !!!

the topic/s is/are timeless .....

maybe somepeople have AGED ....

Personally, when I've gotten interested in a subject (like BP/W, or DIR) I scoured all of the old posts on the subject to get every bit of information/opinion I could to learn about it. I found that very useful, and having the old thread open to new posts (as long as it stays on subject, which this one ie drifting away from...) prevents the need for a new thread on the subject.

paolov:
it maybe old to scuba veterans but there are new entrants to the boards and that's what makes this forum Dynamic !!!
I see what you are saying, but many of these threads have maybe been too dynamic! A lot of times things have evolved, but the old arguments seem to sit out there as bait for someone to pull up and revive the angry accusations and insults. Not to mention that many of the people doing the original arguing haven't even been on the board in eons.

Besides, if you really wanted to revisit the topic you could always start a new post. :)

scubafool:
But when we do as we are told, anotherwords, do a search, how can we join in on the fight if the 4 year old thread is locked?

(The Fool raising his post count)
I would never post just to jack up my post count. Oh, uh, nevermind. :eyebrow: :D

StSomewhere:
I would never post just to jack up my post count. Oh, uh, nevermind. :eyebrow: :D

what exactly is wrong withat THAT???

er... i mean.. me neither...

:54:

H2Andy:
Originally Posted by StSomewhere
I would never post just to jack up my post count. Oh, uh, nevermind.

what exactly is wrong withat THAT???

er... i mean.. me neither...

:54:

BHAHAHAHHAH, nice one H2Andy !!!! lets keep it a secret :crafty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom