Why no printed manual with the OC-1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pinepig

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I picked up two of them for the wife and I and neither came with a nice printed manual ( like the Atom has ), I thought possibly my LDS had removed them for some reason and went back and asked, not included and they couldn't find any in the other ones. I understand I can print it off the pdf available but 1500 per and no full manual?

I picked up two of them for the wife and I and neither came with a nice printed manual ( like the Atom has ), I thought possibly my LDS had removed them for some reason and went back and asked, not included and they couldn't find any in the other ones. I understand I can print it off the pdf available but 1500 per and no full manual?

If this is of any consolation .....we will have the Online Class for the OC1 next week.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

I'll be looking at it, but it would be nice to have a hard copy of the factory manual for our live a board trip in two weeks just in case I forget how to do something. If you print out the pdf you end up with 4 pages on each piece of paper and NOT in the correct order.

I guess we are getting punish because we are one of the few who read the manual. Look at all the people on this board that ask question that are in the manual.

I actually prefer using the electronic manual. The OC1 manual is searchable, unlike some of the older manuals, and I find it easier to focus in on the information that I need at the time. Its one less thing to carry in a trip, and I always have my computer and phone. If Jack hadn't set such restrictive security on the Adobe PDF file, it would have been easier to make a smaller file for my phone.

I agree. It's pretty poor that you don't get a printed manual with a piece of kit costing £1,000.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom