Why SPG on hip and not arm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You need to relax way more and analyze way less.

Not the first time I've heard somebody say that, but being a perfectionist is a hard habit to break . . . :)

Last edited:
Maybe I can help a little with the original posters question. For starters I am not full DIR which is why I have an answer to begin with. I use an air integrated Uwatec Smart Z, but also have a hip mounted gauge for reliability. When scootering my AI computer will occasionally loose sync and I no longer have information on my tank(s) pressure. I would never solely rely on an air integrated computer in an overhead environment. They simply are not reliable enough.

OK back to how to clip off an SPG.

For starters I am not full DIR

OMG. Another one.

I use an air integrated Uwatec Smart Z, but also have a hip mounted gauge for reliability. When scootering my AI computer will occasionally loose sync and I no longer have information on my tank(s) pressure. I would never solely rely on an air integrated computer in an overhead environment. They simply are not reliable enough.

Brilliiant. So you spent hundreds of dollars on something that you can't rely on. I just wonder what the sequence of thinking that goes on to convince someone that this is a good idea.

Maybe I can help a little with the original posters question. For starters I am not full DIR which is why I have an answer to begin with. I use an air integrated Uwatec Smart Z, but also have a hip mounted gauge for reliability. When scootering my AI computer will occasionally loose sync and I no longer have information on my tank(s) pressure. I would never solely rely on an air integrated computer in an overhead environment. They simply are not reliable enough.

It appears you meant to post this in the clueless pontificators forum, not the DIR forum.

I am speechless..................

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Okay, I have cleaned this up.

The reason the DIR forums were split in two was to permit THIS forum to contain some discussion of DIR practices and the reason why alternative choices weren't/aren't made. This is NOT the DIR Practitioner's forum, where only strictly DIR answers are to be given. Even if someone feels a given answer doesn't belong here, using the "report" button is far preferable to rudeness.

The DIR community has a nasty reputation for being jerks. Please, let's not perpetuate that here.

Seems some of you can not read. Leaves me speechless :shakehead:

For those that can understand I did give a DIR answer of why (With real life experience) not just because.

Is the is the Pirate 4x4 section? :rofl3: No it can't be because...

Indeed

6) The answers in this forum are member's best attempts to answer questions within, and according the DIR diving philosophy. If you wish to give a non-DIR answer, please do not post it in this forum. If you do not wish your question to be limited to DIR answer, please ask it in another applicable forum.

For those that can understand I did give a DIR answer of why (With real life experience) not just because.
Peter_C, with all due respect ... When you start your post off by saying "I am not full DIR", or when you recommend using a wireless AI computer to monitor your gas supply - those are not DIR answers, and really should not be posted here.

The main purpose of this forum is to allow DIR "tire kickers" to ask questions about "why" things are done a certain way in the DIR system, and to allow those of us who understand the DIR system intimately to respond to those types of questions with our best DIR answers. If we allow anyone to post whatever suggestion they have (whether it is relevant to DIR or not), then the forum ceases to have any value, and we might as well not have it. And then people will have no place to go for answers to their DIR questions.

Please respect the intent of the forum rules, and refrain from posting answers that are obviously not DIR.

I think what happened in this case is that you gave a pretty good "why not to use to an air integrated/transmitter computer" based on your experience, but that doesn't necessarily make it a good "DIR answer of why".

Do you see that using a computer like the Uwatec Smart Z with the transmitter -- which isn't even remotely DIR -- undermines your ability to give the "DIR answer"?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom