Why We Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Still going diving though. not as good as warm water pretty fishes diving, but definitely better than not going diving at all!

speaking of, the GLWC black Friday event was a great time! 55f at surface, 55f at 60', 38f on the dock, and failed completely to build a fire in the wet nastiness, but guess what? still went diving!
Another example of my idea of just diving no matter where to "keep the wheels greased". This time of year I'm restricted to one dive (wet) in a day (weekly), gearing up in our house (too cold for 2) and walking 100' to the ocean. I pretty much know exactly what's there to see. It's not like if I went over a month(s) without diving I'm gunna forget how to do something, but this way I dive year round and always feel "current". Sometimes we get to FL in winter and I take a charter---"When was your last dive?"--"Last week".

For new divers there is value in getting time in the water, no doubt. But at some point, doing the same thing over and over, especially diving in quarries, it is not anything but repetition. It is just my opinion, and these are largely opinion boards, that fewer quality, diverse dives, are more valuable than a lot of the same thing over and over.

N

For new divers there is value in getting time in the water, no doubt. But at some point, doing the same thing over and over, especially diving in quarries, it is not anything but repetition. It is just my opinion, and these are largely opinion boards, that fewer quality, diverse dives, are more valuable than a lot of the same thing over and over.

N
Yes I agree. Varying dive sites, conditions, etc. is best, and is logical. Not just to improve safety and ability, but for sure to keep from getting bored. You do what you can (and can afford), trying to avoid prolonged dry periods.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom