Will THere be a EP-3 housing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, After years of horrible shutter lag with my old C-5050, I'm going to treat myself to the fastest EP series I can get. If the ZEN port fits, I will soon have a new rig (EPL-3).
The EP-3 looks to be best but again more expensive and no Oly housing.

As far as I know it is the body. Lens is the same, they just changed the looks.

Phil, do you know if the AF speed of the EPL3 is in the lens or the body? In other words, would the kit lens of the EPL3 provide faster AF if mounted on an EPL2? Thanks

My understanding is that the new 14-42IIR version lense only gets the speed benefit on the EPL3.
Adding it to the EPL2 is not supposed to change focus speed.

However, adding the 14-42II to an EPL1 makes the EPL1 focus faster.

I have the epl2 with the 14-42II in and oly housing with the Zen port. If you are used to C5050 type focus, you'll be thrilled with the epl2 and I'm sure more thrilled with the epl3.
I also have the 9-18 lense and really don't notice a difference in focus speed between it and the 14-42II.

Now, I've only used it one trip. Will be going for a week in early November so will get a better feel for it then.

Yes, Oly has been sending around the prototype to dealers, specs at their website. Should be out Nov - Jan, lol.

Still waiting for that link to the specs for the Oly E-P3 housing.

Back to the question, will there be an E-P3 housing the answer is yes from Athena.

The housing appears to be a poly type housing rather than the more expensive aluminum.

Phil Rudin

Attachments

• TOP-AthenaE-P3.jpg
    TOP-AthenaE-P3.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 168
Back to the question, will there be an E-P3 housing the answer is yes from Athena.

The housing appears to be a poly type housing rather than the more expensive aluminum.

Phil Rudin

Hi guys!
I'm new here. I've been finding a water housing for my olympus EP3 which brought me to here. Any idea how I can purchase this housing? I really can't find a shop or someone who sells this. Thanks heaps..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom