Will you buy a reg off ebay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I remember buying an MR22 Abyss for a bargain..............it arrived and it looked a right bag o' ****e, battered, no plugs in the 1st stage ........got it cleaned up and serviced.......it now breathes better the one I bought brand new!!!
My wife also uses a Mares 42 Metal off the 'bay.........after servicing, it's a fabulous reg!
Also got an Atomic M1 setup for a bargain...again just got it serviced and cleaned...beautiful.
So, yes I get, and will continue to get regs of ebay.....just get them serviced before you use 'em.

I have bought a lot of used dive gear on ebay. I know how to service my own gear. I was only burned once and that was on an old rare set of tanks that were so internally corroded that I was able to pour a cup of rust out of them. Oh well, It was only 50 bucks and I still use the manifold.

I don't know about regulators on eBay, but I do know that guitar and watch listings on eBay are absolutely rife with fraud.

For that reason, I won't buy anything that costs more than $20 off eBay. But obviously a lot of folks do and it works for them. To each his own. Obviously, you have to decide if the benefits outweigh the risks and act accordingly.

Good luck!

You should never buy guitars or women online. You really need to play both in person to determine if the deal is good or bad. Now I bought a regulator on line once but I died the first time I used it. Could have been caused by the split fins or jacket bc that was in the deal, however. :)

eelnora,
It's fairly easy to get a good deal on Oceanic gear. Oceanic has a minimum advertised price, not a minimum selling price, so many dealers will sell well below retail, and you will have a full manufacturer's warranty. CALL Leisurepro, and Scubatoys (there are others as well) and ask for their best price. Do not pay attention to the prices on their websites, since these are the controlled prices.

eelnoraa,

I completely second this. I would bet that Scubatoys would be able to provide something cheaper than ebay. And they may have used stuff that you'll get already serviced.
And then talking to them will also give you a good perception about future service, that of course you'll never get from ebay pro sellers or obviously private party.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom