Wing for cave use.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have steel 108s and a 50lb wing is just fine. I have an oxycheq 50lb wing - great wing. When I took my cave class - my instructor, my wife, and I all had oxycheq 50lb wings on - we had them sitting on a bench - and turned around and saw all three of them lined up. Quote my instructor - "Looks like an ad for Oxycheq".

Once I get an aluminum backplate (have stainless steel from my singles days) the 50lb wing should be plenty for double 108s + a stage.

Hooray just what the world needs, another diver with a cave card who does not care about caves or cave diving.

That's a little rough, don't ya think.

His reason for taking cave training is a perfectly reasonable one. What's it hurt if he never goes into a cave again. In fact, it might be better for the caves if more people would stay out of them.

BTW, I dove 104s and 98s in Mexico. Steel doubles are available. You just need to know where to find them. Also, not all cave divers to end up in Florida. I know a lot of cave divers who have never been to Florida. But I also know they're missing a lot by not visiting Florida at least once.

Where, who's got them?? The community station in Puerto Aventuras does not seem to.

I tried a Halcyon Evolve 60# in MX with double-Al80s and it tended to taco the tanks and trap air which was extremely annoying (a function of the size of the wing). I would not use that setup in a class when you've got enough other stressors going on...

The explorer 55 was equally annoying. Didn't trap/taco toooo bad, but took more effort/energy to vent since more gas was above the hose inlet. So there was more teter-tottering to vent. I tend not to use the butt dump that much down there - its a rather coarse adjustment tool for me.

I still plan to cave dive but not like many of you who live so close to caves and my cave training will apply to wreck diving or any other diving. its not about cards, screw cards I dont want any, I just want the training and experience. if your are gonna call me a card collector @#$$ off.

Where, who's got them?? The community station in Puerto Aventuras does not seem to.

4th row back, notice the leaning tanks. And this is the Puerto Aventuras fill station. We dove with Dennis Weeks when we were there. He got us steel tanks every day.

Attachments

• Puerto Aventuras fill station 004.jpg
    Puerto Aventuras fill station 004.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 74
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom