Wing nuts or lock nuts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are two pieces, sold as a single unit. You need two nordlocks, think of it as buying two halves. So a single unit, which consists of two pieces.

So lets' say you decided you wanted to nordlock your BP, you'd need to order two nordlocks, but you would receive 4 pieces of hardware.

There are two pieces, sold as a single unit. You need two nordlocks, think of it as buying two halves. So a single unit, which consists of two pieces.

So lets' say you decided you wanted to nordlock your BP, you'd need to order two nordlocks, but you would receive 4 pieces of hardware.

Yes, I found them on-line for $3.00- per single piece @ Grainger. $12.00 .... yes?

No, the "single piece" is a single unit, two pieces. Nobody sells them as a single half. The "10 piece" bag is actually 20 pieces. They are considered a single unit as they are non-functional outside of a pair.

Grainger is calling this "NORD LOCK",....... but Granger's catalogue is a bit "twisted."

Lock Washer,Bolt 3/8,254 SMO SS,PK10
12W485_AS01?$smthumb$.jpg

Web Price $30.40 / pkg. of 10

Last edited:
Yes, and if you search for "Nord Lock" on the Grainger site and scroll down, you will see every other picture with two pieces. Even if you order an M27 that's $45 for a package of 1, it will include both sides of the washer. They do not work outside of pairs. They do not sell them outside of pairs. Even if they are listed as a single piece, you will get a functional pair.

They do not work outside of pairs. They do not sell them outside of pairs. Even if they are listed as a single piece, you will get a functional pair.

I thought we were past that.

You seemed to be arguing that you can buy a single half. That is not true. So no, not $12. $6, for two washers, at $3 a piece.

You seemed to be arguing that you can buy a single half. That is not true. So no, not $12. $6, for two washers, at $3 a piece.

OK, $6 dollars seems cheap, if they work. I don't give a fuk wether or not I can buy a "single half."

Back
Top Bottom