Wings and harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hiya longtail,

thanks for the post. just fyi, our Travel EXP has 27lbs of lift. We discontinued the 40lb Travel.

Best,
Kathleen

Thank you, I didn't know that you changed the lift of the travel wing.

does dive rite have a high lift wing like 80

Yikes, you won't need that dori! Have you gone back and reread the responses in your bp/w thread?

I need an opinion on two wings I am looking at ... the basic classic in 60 lift or an Oxycheq vertex signature 55lbs. I will be diving doubles usually alum 80s or up to steel 120s.... I am stout around 250 and will use transplate with steel bp ... // I know this is dive rite but I would like to know why the classic is the better choice... these are the 2 choices I have. I have heard the classic is a big wide wing... ????

Maybe the venture wing. has 40lbs of lift and its for single tank diving. sounds great for someone who dive single tanks and needs more lift.

I need an opinion on two wings I am looking at ... the basic classic in 60 lift or an Oxycheq vertex signature 55lbs. I will be diving doubles usually alum 80s or up to steel 120s.... I am stout around 250 and will use transplate with steel bp ... // I know this is dive rite but I would like to know why the classic is the better choice... these are the 2 choices I have. I have heard the classic is a big wide wing... ????

Hi Captain,

I would take a look at the Classic EXP given the fact that you switch from lightweight doubles (alum 80s) to heavy steel doubles (120s). I think you'll find that a wing that gives you a variable lift will be helpful.

When diving the steel 120s, use the Classic 360 at its full capacity, but when you dive the alum 80s you might want to cinch the wing in a bit using the Gusset Control. The Gusset Control is not a bondage wing, fyi. A bondage wing has cord wrapped all the way around the wing that cinches the wing into separate compartments, thus restricting air flow. The Gusset Control is located on one side of the wing and minimizes the overall profile of the wing, thus limiting the amount of gas/lift.

The Classic EXP has 68lbs of lift at full capacity, so this will be a good choice if you ever decide to stage dive and carry extra tanks.

Just a thought. The profile on this wing is quite small. I can get you measurements tomorrow when I am in the office, if that is helpful.

Best,
Kathleen

Back
Top Bottom