Woman Says TSA Forced Piercings Removal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Men's Health just rated 100 cities for worst teeth and Lubbock won. sorry, just wanted to mention that.

It would further my trauma to have a guy pat my nipples down with bad teeth.-I've seen too many movies, obviously.

Catherine,

I don't think I'd like "to have a guy (or gal for that matter) pat my nipples down with bad teeth" :)

Different subject - how come we haven't seen any of your U/W pictures of late?

This has been an interesting thread.

Let's face it the TSA is far from perfect. I've had a few bad experiences. But as many of us fly on a regular basis I'm sure everyone has. It's something we have to but up with in this day and age. The sad part is if someone really wanted to smuggle a weapon through I'm sure they could find a way. :(

Are there TSA agents who abuse their power? Absolutely. I have an acquaintance who got frustrated with an agent, mouthed off and wound up being strip searched. :11: The abusive agent is probably more the exception than the rule or we would have stories about the TSA hitting the news daily.

While all fliers should know the rules so should the TSA agents. I try to prepare for the worst regarding the agents and the people ahead of me in the screening line and hope for the best.

It's not just TSA ... flying home from Indonesia I had a connecting flight in Taipei. Approaching the security checkpoint I noticed a large, clear plastic box with a sign that said "Place Dangerous Items Here". The box was filled almost to the brim with bottles of water, shampoo and shaving cream.

I wish I'd had time to dig out my camera ... I'm sure there's a message there somewhere ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Different subject - how come we haven't seen any of your U/W pictures of late?.
aww thanks for asking. I have been riding my bike to get ready for big hills. I guess I got bored because I don't like photo shop and all the post production monotony.

What about a guy with really good teeth????
I'm a nurse, I could deal with that, no problem.

"Place Dangerous Items Here".
They just put snakes in ours, in Hawaii

Well I just went through TSA and cruise security (lots of metal detectors) for a straight week and none of my piercings set anything off. To the comment that piercings are just a cry for attention...I don't really agree. Of my piercings only one (my tongue) is really visible...and several people don't notice it for quite a while. If you aren't the type of person that talks really loudly or with your mouth WIDE OPEN everytime you say something...it really isn't as noticible as you might thing. Also the fact that I'm short kind of blocks any direct line of sight into my mouth anyway. So most people don't even see my other piercings...so how is that a cry for attention?

...so how is that a cry for attention?

It's not. It's a generation gap between those saying it is a cry for attention and those that have them. Don't let it get to you. Like you say, many piercings, tats, etc aren't even visible to others.

The cry for attention comment was pretty silly, especially with regard to nipple rings that none of us ever see or even know about.
That's hot.
:lol:​

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Hey folks.. This thread is about the TSA forcing the removal of piercings - NOT about the reasons for piercings.....Start a new thread for that - (so I have a place to move these OT posts!)......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom