WOO HOO Just booked for 1/27-1/31

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kicker1866

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just booked my third trip to COZ with my LDS. This will be my first trip with a dive group / LDS trip. I am bringing one of my regular dive buddies so no worry about having a dive partner I am unfamiliar with.

I am so looking forward to diving those reefs again.

Anyone know what water temp is running right now? When I was down there in August I dove with a .5 mil shirt and shorts.....I am thinking I will need either a 1mil full suit or my 3/2 full suit. Any thoughts?

I am sitting on.the beach at fiesta americana as I type this. Did 8 dives over the previous 4 days in a 3mil full suit and was very comfortable. I wouldn't go any less unless you are very warm blooded. I don't get cold easily, but started to feel the temp at tje end of the shallow dives.

The first few dives once I get back the shorts are all I wear, then the one mil, then the 3mil. I was starting to get to cold after being in over an hour so I bought a 5 mil. Holy crap I love it. Never thought I would need it. This was just the last time down in Dec. Water temps was 76 for the most part. Jan Feb March I will be using my 3mil first dive then into a dry 5mil on the second. My friend has been doing that forever and I just could not see the value. Now I do.
Also bring a windbreaker as the air is chilly after the dives heading back or to the beach for your SI.

The first few dives once I get back the shorts are all I wear, then the one mil, then the 3mil. I was starting to get to cold after being in over an hour so I bought a 5 mil. Holy crap I love it. Never thought I would need it. This was just the last time down in Dec. Water temps was 76 for the most part. Jan Feb March I will be using my 3mil first dive then into a dry 5mil on the second. My friend has been doing that forever and I just could not see the value. Now I do.
Also bring a windbreaker as the air is chilly after the dives heading back or to the beach for your SI.

Kev. Are you turning into a DIVA?? Happy New Year Dude :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom