Work for Certification?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chark33

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I currently hold an Open Water Certification but would like to advance. I am looking for a dive shop that would offer a work exchange program.
Is anyone aware of a shop that does this?

Thanx!

Hey chark33,
Hate to be the one to burst your bubble, but im quite sure, there are no such offers (not for open water certified divers at least). You might find such for you dive master, but your still too early down the road to look for a job.

And welcome to the forum :)

Mohd

I currently hold an Open Water Certification but would like to advance. I am looking for a dive shop that would offer a work exchange program.
Is anyone aware of a shop that does this?

Thanx!

Welcome to the board!

My advice to you is to get involved with your local dive clubs and shops.
Apply for a part time job at shops.
Even if you don't get a deal with your AOW, you end up being more involved in your local scuba.

I doubt that you'll find a work exchange for courses job. The labor laws tend to make these arrangements unattractive for merchants or instructors.

I suggest you try to get a part time job at an LDS, working the retail store, and developing a realtionship, while also setting aside some or all of your salary. Thereafter you might be able to take courses, possibly even getting an employee rate.

Hmm, I helped out at the university I attended. There was a great need for help with the beginner class. Didn't pay much, and most of it was grunt work. I did that all through my college career. By my junior year I had enough experience that my instructor let me practice being a divemaster (with supervision). He also gave me all my certs at cost, including books. That alone made up for not getting paid much. Good luck.

Thanx for all the tips!

Back
Top Bottom