World's Highest Diving Certification?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You meant they don't have saturation experience warm and dry in a chamber on the deck of the boat watching TV and eating oilfield chow. Lots of those guys have spent chilly wet nights in 55 gallon drum habitats deep in caves where if the habitat failed they would be dead before they could get back into dive gear.

Just sayin'

Spending chilly wet nights in a 55 gallon drum would be a disqualifier from my perspective. Managing to live through an ill-prepared and conceived dive is not my idea of what makes a good diver, supervisor, or instructor.

Given the range of types of certification and what is accomplished by each, I would say the question is equivalent to asking which team is better, the NBA basketball champion, the NFL football champion, or the world cup soccer champion?

Given the range of types of certification and what is accomplished by each, I would say the question is equivalent to asking which team is better, the NBA basketball champion, the NFL football champion, or the world cup soccer champion?
Without a question, world cup soccer. Only 3 substitutions allowed, only one break allowed -- half time. :popcorn:

I vote for Pilotfish. or Idocsteve.

I think he said "certified" ... not "certifiable" ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I took the original post to mean, what if a civilian diver wanted to set a series of goals for himself and work their way up. What civilian training path would lead to the highest level?
Not counting wanting to be an instructor, just moving up in training and experience.
I'm not a CCR diver, but I sort of figured that CCR divers were a level above OC. No doubt this isn't clear cut, and the lines blur.
As for military and commercial, and scientific diving, I don't imagine that any of us recreational divers would have a clue about what all they do.
From everything I've ever heard, the NEDU was the pinnacle for military divers. I've read a few articles, things online, and have listened to an interview with someone from the NEDU. Pod diver, has the interview.
I would imagine that things that are routine for commercial divers would seem like great accomplishments to me.
Back to civilian agencies, I agree with a previous poster. GUE Tech 3, or Cave 3 would seem to be the highest level to achieve. Is there an agency with a more stringent reguirement to pass their courses and advance? Especially to the Tech 3 or Cave 3 levels?

-Mitch

I'll toss in a vote for SSI's Platinum Pro 5000 Instructor. From SSI's website
Platinum Pros can be defined as the world’s most elite water explorers... The unsung dive master on any island and Jacques Cousteau earned their cards the same way — by diving 5,000 times, or diving 2,500 times and making a documented/significant contribution to the recreational scuba diving industry.

You also have to be recommended by someone who is a Platinum Pro.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom