Would anyone be interested in a DIY spring strap kit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got my spring kits, and I can't wait to try them out! Thanks again for putting all those kits together for us!

If you end up with unclaimed kits you'd like to get rid of, let me know. I might be interested in buying another set.

Thanks again!
otter-cat

Haven't checked this part of the discussion board in a while - and what did I miss ;-0 Well if there are any spare kits left that will fit the Mares Avanti Quattros let me know!!!

Squid

Ben, I wonder if it wouldn't be an idea to put the part numbers and sources of the kit's individual components for others to reference? That way others could draw on your experience... I envision one of those "this link downloaded 10 bazillion times" deals.

Okay,

After all the buying and measuring and cutting and packing, I've got 10 unclaimed spring strap kits left over. Anyone interested in buying them can just PM me - this thread is getting a bit unweildy.

1 pair - $24 shipped priority mail
2 pairs $44 shipped priority mail

Ben

All of the spring strap kits are (finally) gone. Here's a list of parts for anyone that wants to DIY.

2 x stainless steel springs (McMaster Carr part #3932K24 pack of 3)
4 x stainless steel S hooks (McMaster Carr part #9378T24 pack of 25)
2 x 5/8" PVC tubing 9" long
4 x 1/2" PVC tubing 2" long
2 x nylon line 24" long

Assembly instructions at:

http://www.giddins.net/scuba/spring_straps/index.htm

Good riddance! Bloody things wouldn't go away. Although I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a bench drill and some Delrin rod... :deal:

Back
Top Bottom