Would anyone be interested in a DIY spring strap kit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ari once bubbled...
Just saw this thread for the first time. I am in.

By the way Ben, The fins in the photo look very much like my Cressi Space Frogs. Am I right? Will this solution fit the Cressi's?

And by the way, I will supply a US mailing address.

Ari :)

Ari.... If your fin has a swivel type connection w/the quick disconnect, you should be able to disconnect the strap & push the buckle that is on the post in the opposite direction the strap pulls. The swivel on most fins has a what looks like a figure 8 on the back side. The swivel slides over the post on the fin & you pull or push the swivel until it snaps in the smaller hole of the figure 8.

Did that make sense? :confused:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, cut-off time, I'm placing an order now. I've PM'd everyone with payment details, as soon as the springs are in, I'll start mailing them out.

thanks,

Ben
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, the first batch of kits has been shipped out, with some more going tomorrow. I've still got about 8 pairs that have been reserved and not paid for. I'll hold onto them until the end of next week, and then they're going on eBay :eek:ut:

(I know who the people are who have money on the way, so don't worry, I'm not selling your kits out from under you!)

Next time you're in sunny Florida, stop into Jax & I'll buy ya a pint. Thanks much! May have to get your source & details, cause when I show up w/these @ the local hole, I'm not gonna hear the end of it.... "Where'd you get those??? I want a pair!!!"

Truely Thanks!
David

my spring kits just arrived today. I cant wait to go home and get started.

bengiddins,
many thanks for the effort and hard work.

Mine came in too. Thanks! Now if I could only convince the boss that I need to work on these at the office... there's some mission-critical reason...

You're welcome, folks.

Just a friendly payment reminder to those people who requested springs and haven't paid yet - I've got about a dozen kits here waiting for new owners...

I got my kit on Saturday & dove them on Sunday. They work perfectly. I did however make one of the "over stretch inhibitors" too short. Could hardly pull it over my heel. That's all my fault though. MANY THANKS BEN!

By the way, if no one claims those poor lonley kits, I would be in for a second pair... Ya know...if no one wants it. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom