would like input on computers that do He?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IndigoBlue:
You would be much better off getting yourself a sturdy nitrox computer right now. The Suunto Vyper runs around $500 and has a gauge mode that you could use in the future for trimix diving. The Suunto Cobra is a little bit more, but also offers you more flexibility in switching between nitrox mixes.

You're confusing the cobra with the vytec. The cobra only does one gas mix and is basically just an air integrated vyper. The vytec handles multiple nitrox mixes.

I have an Nitek He and I think it works just fine.

I normaly tech dive with tables from V-Planner and a 200 meter g-shock watch on my arm (but the watch is prety much there 24/7 so does it really count as dive gear?).

The He has been +/- about a minute or two of the tables on almost every dive. It got a bit behind once due to my not switching its gas when I did my first switch over of the dive at 70 feet. I caught it in about 2 minutes but it spanked me for about 15 minutes at the last two stops combined... Not it's fault. Mine. Like any computer, it only did what I told it to do.

I use the He similar to running the extra +10/+5 tables for "oops" factors (which I do as well) and for the neto, last dive 'instant replay' feature... I want, but don't yet have, the download cable/software for the He so I bring an older, semingly unbendable Cochran Commander 2 gas Nitrox that I do have the s/w and cables for.

Interestingly enough, the Cochran prety much always clears well before I'm done on the tables or the Nitek He. It does, however, complain about the O2 loading when I go deep as the Commander cannot be set at less than 21% O2. The Commander seems to have a prety agressive deco alg...

cornfed:
You're confusing the cobra with the vytec. The cobra only does one gas mix and is basically just an air integrated vyper. The vytec handles multiple nitrox mixes.

Sorry, my mistake.

dc4bs:
I have an Nitek He and I think it works just fine.

I normaly tech dive with tables from V-Planner and a 200 meter g-shock watch on my arm (but the watch is prety much there 24/7 so does it really count as dive gear?).

The He has been +/- about a minute or two of the tables on almost every dive. It got a bit behind once due to my not switching its gas when I did my first switch over of the dive at 70 feet. I caught it in about 2 minutes but it spanked me for about 15 minutes at the last two stops combined... Not it's fault. Mine. Like any computer, it only did what I told it to do.

I use the He similar to running the extra +10/+5 tables for "oops" factors (which I do as well) and for the neto, last dive 'instant replay' feature... I want, but don't yet have, the download cable/software for the He so I bring an older, semingly unbendable Cochran Commander 2 gas Nitrox that I do have the s/w and cables for.

Interestingly enough, the Cochran prety much always clears well before I'm done on the tables or the Nitek He. It does, however, complain about the O2 loading when I go deep as the Commander cannot be set at less than 21% O2. The Commander seems to have a prety agressive deco alg...

Well I am closer now to making that NiTek HE purchase, then. Good analysis, thanks Craig.

The hardest decisions in scuba are about what to buy next?

Do you buy that underwater video unit and dazzle your in-laws with real underwater footage of their beautiful daughter married to you and diving with you underwater?

Or do you buy that NiTek HE dive computer instead?

Or the scooter?

We are talking pretty big bucks, here.

It's a lot more computer for not that much more money, and it has room to grow with firmware updates.

More feedback to ponder,

Darlene

I recently bought the Dive Rite He and though I havent had the chance to compare it on Trimix profiles, I have done accelerated deco on it. I think it is worth it for just that. the only bad thing I found is that if you put it into gauge mode by accident, it locks into that mode untill a 48 hour surface interval has been completed. this would be a pain if it happened on an expedition or something.

If you are finding the price high, then you might find it worthwhile going to the trade shows, I picked it up for $600 USD at DEMA in Miami, I am kicking myself for not buying two. That is less than half the retail price. Dive rite have good keyman deals too, check your local dealer about that.

The other thing is that the logarithm is not the latest RGB bubble gradient type, this means that when using it it on gasses during deep stops more than less tested logarithms might. That is just my observations.

The only other thing is that it is pretty chunky, the day they fit it into a watch sized package, is the day that they will find more people using them.

I would go for it, I am pleased with mine, but it is the only one I have used yet.

and remember never take a laxative and a sleeping tablet at the same time

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom