Would you Encourage or Discourage your Child to Enlist?

If Your Child Wanted to Enlist, Would You ...

• Encourage the idea

Votes: 44 26.3%
  • Discourage the idea

Votes: 62 37.1%
  • Tell them it's up to them

Votes: 61 36.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vung Tao was great diving. We often took a boat out to some of the island and stayed over night. The reefs were great and just loaded with lionfish.

I cannot imagine why anyone would want to change the subject, I could listen to you guy's talk about your experiences all day long. Fascinating...and let's face it, gives considerable insight into who to listen to about scuba gear.

Not to seems a hideous waste....

Seriously, people make small talk too much.

To stay on topic, I'll say your son or daughter needs to realize it is not just black or white. I just opened the Marine Corp times and the "human toll" page just about made me weep. Forty- some young faces smiling back, boy the Army has been hit hard. I wish I could get through just one day without thinking about it.

catherine96821:
Lamont...you need to get into the CIA ASAP....assuming you want to protect us, of course. They would gobble you up. Surely you must have thought about it.

Thought about it. I just left Amazon, though, basically because Bezos is a complete ******* and it infects the entire organization. I've learned that the character of the CEO is surprisingly important...

H2Andy:
it's the anarcho-syndicalism that confuses them

We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune...

Come see the violence inherent in the system! Help! Help! I'm being repressed!

I've learned that the character of the CEO is surprisingly important...

well, what is your excuse not to go and *be* the character of some organization?

This is a critical time in history and you are in a pretty good position to make a difference. Otherwise your brains are just making some guy rich...

:D you are welcome.

catherine96821:
well, what is your excuse not to go and *be* the character of some organization?

This is a critical time in history and you are in a pretty good position to make a difference. Otherwise your brains are just making some guy rich...

:D you are welcome.

okay, that's just creepy... you've been bugging my phone and you heard what my mom was saying to me on sunday...

yea, i have that going on.

let me know if you have any more questions.

...you could always join Andy's band.

I havnt read the whole thread but yes I would encourage any child of mine to serve i the armed forces. I think actually, that more kids today should serve. Respect and self discipline is fast becoming a thing of the past

As for politics, military personel have no business with politics. If you are a soldier you are paid to do what you are told, not worry about politics. If you set soldiers up to fight for a "belief", and after time they lose their faith in that "belief", then it just makes going to work everyday a hell of a lot harder.

Azza:
I havnt read the whole thread but yes I would encourage any child of mine to serve i the armed forces. .....
hey Azza... didnt you guys scale back your airforce?? :rofl2:

Catherine...we get a US news show here on SBS and at the end there is just silence with pics & names of soliders that have died... some days that silence goes on for so long its heartbreaking :(

almitywife:
hey Azza... didnt you guys scale back your airforce?? :rofl2:
Yep. Strike wing? whadda we need a strike wing for? Mind you as New Zealand has the worlds largest marine search and recovery area in the world we do spend quite some time patrolling that...I suppose we can't have both.

Oh yeah BTW, My country tends to make...ahhh...trying to not get political here but...better political ...ahhh oh forget it. Damn I am glad I live in New Zealand

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom