Would You Go To Bay Islands, Honduras?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One is far more likely to be mauled for no reason by you lot on this forum!

Hopefully you feel that some of the information posted was helpful and informative, it's hard to sort the wheat from the chaff in these forums, but it does seem from this thread that the Pro's who work and live on Roatan, can be identified by their helpful posts. Those who love to give the impression they know all there is to know about Roatan, based on the fact they lived hear years ago and/or visit a couple of times a year can just as easily be identified.

Regards

Will

Hopefully you feel that some of the information posted was helpful and informative, it's hard to sort the wheat from the chaff in these forums, but it does seem from this thread that the Pro's who work and live on Roatan, can be identified by their helpful posts. Those who love to give the impression they know all there is to know about Roatan, based on the fact they lived hear years ago and/or visit a couple of times a year can just as easily be identified.

Regards

Will

Yes I see what you mean and thank you.

I came under attack by several people here led by one 'strong' (read: loud) personality based on his self reverential supposition that he is a *somebody* in the industry (based largely I suspect on his own self promotion) and it backed up what female (and some male) divers had told me that the diving industry has been criticised in the past for being uber macho and non-inclusive.

Makes no real difference to me in retrospect because I shall be checking out dive schools and questioning them about their policies and attitudes to new divers and the friendliest operation gets my several thousand or however much it takes to get me to where I want to go.

Thanks for your response.

Yeah. He'll be the one with PINK tanks.

LMAO THOSE ARE MY DAUGHTERS TANKS! I even changed my profile pic so u can see her cute freckly face sitting in front of them. *beats chest* "me dive with steely grey man tanks"

And traineediver that was not thinly veiled homophobic insult. .... It was a barb, a jab! It was a friendly poke in the ribs based on a crack about all the pink tanks in my vehicle that I started many threads ago. Relax my friend. No one here is out to flame u or insult u. Were glad u joined the board! But u have to deep breathe for a second and realize that because UR way of responding or humor is different than others does not make THEIR way malicious or wrong...Divers tend to be umm a "lil salty" and we take our digs where we can getem. I hope u enjoy all the wonders and excitment and serenity this sport has to offer.... But in ur travels ur going to meet all types ... Enjoy them, get to know them abit first before u gauge their intention as hostile.

Hope to see u in Utila!

Last edited:
LMAO THOSE ARE MY DAUGHTERS TANKS! I even changed my profile pic so u can see her cute freckly face sitting in front of them. *beats chest* "me dive with steely grey man tanks"

*puts hand on hip*

I'll take the pink LGBT rainbow colored tanks thanks.

Last edited:
Quit feeding it...PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAASE!!!

Welcome to ScubaBoard!

I think the most likely disruption would be your air travel, so if you are traveling via mainland Honduras, that could be an issue. If you are planning to stay for an extended period, which is what it sounds like, I think you could do bus + ferry to get to the islands if you had to. This would suck if you were only staying for a week, but is probably not nearly as bad if you are staying for a month or more.

Also, Thailand is in the middle of its own political crisis, it wouldn't be that surprising if they had another coup there.

Quit feeding it...PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAASE!!!

Perhaps there should be an entirely separate forum on ScubaBoard for the interests of LGBT Divers because clearly there is a problem when we encounter homophobia and aggression here and in diving schools whereby we invest our time and savings taking up a new sport?

Actually, that's a great idea. May I suggest you start said forum? Plenty of room for everyone.

I hate to hear that it's so discriminate where ur from trainee. One of my best mate here in WV happens to be an openly gay diver and hasn't really had to deal with anything like that (yet) even though people can be pretty backwoods at times here in the mountain state. That being said..he pointed out to me that u should check out GLUG's review of utila. As the gay and lesbian underwater group loves the place because of the great diving and lack of homophobia on the island!

And really the comments about pink tanks has nothing to do with someones personal orientation... Ull just find that yellow and pink gear get playfully bashed alot. My daughter however dares someone to bash her pink gear, especialy her pink O'neil wetsuit. She's pink and proud!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom