Would you recommend the Underwater Kinetics Light Cannon 100?

Would you recommend the UK Light Cannon 100 to others?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have never had a problem with my light cannon. But I find that in the caribbean it's almost too bright for night dives. I actually prefer something a little less bright. In Boston I like it because it cuts through the merky water better.

TT :wink:

HIDs do excel at cutting through the murk.. however they are really tough on tender eyes.... try it on your own after spending ten minutes in the closet. Shoot try it on yourself after looking at a bright monitor!

I think it is a good idea for HID divers, whether focusable beam canister flame throwers or Light Canoneers, to carry a small Q40 or other little flashlight for looking at critters.

Jonnythan braggin??? Naaaaaaaaaaaaa...... lol (ya think?).

Jonny is THE man with that new can.

Now.... aside from his braggin, I actually thought he was offering to sell it.

Now you've got UP braggin about his used HID. See what you start with that damn ego of yours.

Umm errrr pssssst..... UP...... how much you want? :eyebrow:

(Man talk about hijackin a thread) :11:

Blue: you mentioned $1200, and I just wanted to show you that there are much cheaper HID can lights out there, that's all.

I think I would probably go for the $1200 knowing me (Warren I hate you). When I run out of money.... I am going to open up a dive shop.

BlueDolphin:
I think I would probably go for the $1200 knowing me (Warren I hate you). When I run out of money.... I am going to open up a dive shop.

Hey Blue - I think UP started this whole thing. I just emailed Howard and asked for the Uncle Pug Flame Thrower Special. Without another word, he sent me the specs and said send money. So I did. :wink:

jonnythan:
Same brightness as the halogen, whiter light, twice the battery life, tougher bulb. What's not to like? :)

No way to switch from pistol to lantern handle. IMO, that's a deal-killer.

Back
Top Bottom