Would You Use A Ponypak

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How have we failed to comment on the suicide-style clips adorning the upper attachment points?

Didn't the Fenzy have a small bottle mounted sideways?

On mine, that was a prehistoric auto inflate workaround.

I wonder if there is a Tech version w/ BO & deco gasses?

That is the Tech Model, can't you see it's in black?

Bill, the OP, will be at Booth 611 at Our World Underwater in Chicago.

This product should be the most entertaining new product at the show.

On mine, that was a prehistoric auto inflate workaround.

That is the Tech Model, can't you see it's in black?

Bill, the OP, will be at Booth 611 at Our World Underwater in Chicago.

Sorry Doc, I think you have me confused with someone else. Based on these responses I will be in Florida not Chicago.

It's the 2015 version of DIVER-GUARD

Sport Shallow

It looks like the Ponypak is getting close to production. Would you use the Ponypak or a standard pony bottle?

It looks like a slung bottle that someone couldn't figure out how to mount.

There's nothing wrong with it except the mounting orientation is only correct if you're snow plowing. It couldn't possibly cause any more water resistance in any other position. This is the highest resistance position possible. Sort of "anti-streamlining"

Also, the band straps are too long so it's going to flop around and bang things if you're lucky, or the diver's face in a giant stride if you're not.

The other thing I'd like to mention is that many new BCs comes with plastic d-rings that are just about at their limit with a camera or flashlight. An AL30 or 40 would snap them.

If this is yours, you'll probably eventually sell enough to get your initial production run paid for, but it's going to take a while. If you haven't made any yet, I'd only do a run if this is "play money" that you don't mind gambling with.

flots.

Last edited:
image.jpg
I know goats are experienced chamber divers and now we have ponies. I dont dive with either, thank you. Visuals by RJP

I think he was referring to the zeagle version of the habd bottle. At least that is how I have seen them marketed( helicopter aircrew breathing device). Basically it was replacement for the Heed bottle, which was really a spare air.

Took another look. I noticed no female models. Could be a good reason for that!

Seriously. Slinging a pony is ridiculously simple. Why complicate it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom