Wow, does anybody ever post here???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Islandheart

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
These are really great wetsuit and I've got to believe that there are a number of members out there that own them.

How about some reports on which suit you own, your opinions and maybe a few photos of dives.

Has anyone seen the new W-1 and the new Semi-Dry COMBAT ?????

Got my 3mm and my 5mm is on the way as of today.

Regards,

I think the reason for so few posts about them is that there are few questions open - whoever has ever seen one or just read the description on the Waterproof.se website, knows that these suits are awesome :)

We use the 5mm Aries suit (earlier model to the W1) and the Waterproof Draco drysuit - fantastic piece of kit!

Regards,
Jonas

I currently have the 3mm and the 5mm but am considering a Drysuit by Whites.'

I like the Aqualung 8-7mm Semi and am looking into the WP semi-dry from a cost basis.

Thoughts anyone?

Bob

I dive a Waterproof Draco Drysuit. It's 3.5mm neoprene. It's a great suit. A friend of mine has the Waterproof Aquila drysuit. It is a trilam drysuit. He loves it. Both are great drysuits. We also have a W1 in our shop and it is top quality. You can't go wrong with any of their products.

I recently purchased a Waterproof Aquila trilam drysuit.

It arrived three months late with a broken shoulder exhaust valve and a major leak in one of the boots. Waterproof have so far ignored a request to address this.

Drysuits should be tested and pressure tested by the manufacturer prior to shipping. That mine had two serious faults right out of the box leads me to conclude that my drysuit was poorly constructed and untested, which I consider major drawbacks in an item that I trust my life to. Certainly, this is not standard practice amongst reputable manufacturers.

Others here seem to have had a better experience of Waterproof. Based solely on my own experience I can only advise to avoid them.

Last edited:
I have a 3mm Sirius, it's good although it cost three times what my other 3mm springers did

One think I like is that it's short - I like wearing a shorty in warm water but most have arms/legs down to your knees/elbows; makes for bad tan lines!

I have dove the waterproof 7mm Aries for over 2 years & loved every dive with it. Great suit. Super high quality and very warm. I purchased the W1 a few months ago and enjoy it even more than the Aries. I just purchased the Aquila (trilam drysuit), and am looking forward to diving it for the first time this weekend in Catalina Island.

I would highly recommend a waterproof suit. My wife and 3 of our friends all dive the 7mm waterproof wetsuits and love them. None of us have experienced a single problem with our suits.

They are a little pricey, but worth every penny IMHO.

I am diving the Waterproof Taurus Combat and I love it.
Even though it's a semidry, I don't mind to dive below 10°C ... also more then once a day.

I am currently swaping to Drysuit and would love to get the Aquilla but I think it will take some time to save all the money :-(

Franco

I have a Lynx (5mm) for about 3 years, and looking around you can hardly find a better made wetsuit. I will buy a Draco this year, just because I love Waterproof's attention to detail and comfort.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom