Wreck Diver Defined?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I suppose it is all in how you wish or need to define it. . .

I mean, I have been in plenty of dive bars that have nothing at all to do with diving.

If I visit a reef, I do not have to physicaly enter inside the structure of the reef to be able to say I "dove the reef" (or "dived that reef, or whatever). I experienced the reef, enjoyed the dive, saw some stuff, and that is that.

Sometimes, just getting _to_ the wreck is physically and mentally challenging enough. If we elect to not venture inside, does that negate everything else?

I think wrecks are like relationships: penetration might be a nice idea, but maybe not going to happen on the first or even second "date".

Thus, you might have enjoyed a platonic relationship with your wreck. She'll let you know if/when she is ready! Otherwise, back off, keep your cool, and enjoy the time you have together.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom