Wreckmania 2002

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mid July water temps off Ft. Lauderdale are usually in the mid 80's. 87 was common this past year. That's perfect for just a swim suit unless you want protection against scrapes on wrecks.

As Natasha mentioned, it doesn't matter how long you've been on the board, if you want to join us, you're welcome!

Bob, I'm looking forward to diving with you as well.

DSSW,

WWW™

Natasha.....

I think from the response here, we should be able to declare this NDI's first official club dive. My nose count shows at least 10-15 pairs of nostrils, and more will probably come on board at a later time.

Mike: You just may be right.
Let's go for the old list. As of today ..

Walter
TexasMike
NetDoc
Sunshine
ScubaSass (2)
Socaldiver 1st Dave so far
Bob
Livestodive
Herman?
Dee& Beast
Looking good ...
We should have the price in one more week.. and then the fun part ...sending in your deposits to SECURE your space!
Who else wants to go?
:gorgeous:

Originally posted by Natasha
Mike: You just may be right.
Let's go for the old list. As of today ..

Walter
TexasMike
NetDoc
Sunshine
ScubaSass (2)
Socaldiver 1st Dave so far
Bob
Livestodive
Herman?
Dee& Beast
Looking good ...

Natasha...I don't see YOUR name on the list :( You ARE going, aren't you? :confused:

LoL Yes of course. But I don't know if my dive buddy will be able to come. Summer is his busy season.
And I have to tell you, as I told Walter, there is a chance I won't get to dive all the dives.
Most Dive Trips are "Business trips" for me. With people flying in, staying in hotels, and having special needs, someone needs to be around to call airlines if luggage is lost, book extra nights when people want to stay, find doctors when people get sick, and take them to the doc so they don't have to go alone. There are endless "behind the scenes" things I will be doing. I also hope to book restaurants so we can eat together. I hope to even have a volleyball, and beach stuff to do while we're not diving. So someone has to be the one to sit out if things need to be taken care of. It will be me. Awe don't feel sorry for me. Someone has to do it. :wink:

PS On most of the trips I put together, divers end up calling me "Mom"

You mentioned certification...which agency?

Any tentative time-of-day timing for the dives? Can I assume all a.m. dives? The Old Lady will want to come along (non-diver), so I need to know for itinerary planning purposes.

Thanks for your patience.

CheeseWhiz,

It's too early to give definate times, but if I can schedule it with the charter boat, I'm looking at morning dives.

The agency is YMCA. I posted this in the other thread and it bears repeating here: To take this class you must be at least 18 years of age and have a log with at least 20 dives. We will be strictly following YMCA Wreck Diver standards for all training. You will receive a YMCA Wreck Diver specialty rating upon successful completion of the course.

Dee,

Are you & da Beast joining us? I certainly hope so. Trips are always more fun with the two of you around.

Natasha,

Luggage isn't allowed to get lost. No one is allowed to get sick. All bookings will be finished in advance. We will have lots of buddies for you to choose from. You're going diving.

DSSW,

WWW™

Sunshine I was diving in the Fort Lauderdale area last year from July 13-20 and the water temperatures were a very nice and comfortable(at least for me) 82 degrees.

Thank you large_diver, walter, and diverG - 82 to 87 degrees is exactly what I wanted to hear! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom