Wreckmania II Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
scuba-sass once bubbled...
What's that Quiche comment about? Some of my best friends eat quiche!

Natasha,

I am with Susan, quiche is a manly food. In fact one of the first breakfasts that Jeff ever made me when we were dating was quiche. He has only made it about 3 times in the 8 years since but he is capable of not only eating but preparing quiche and he is definitely a red meat and powertools kind of guy!

I am glad to hear that more people are passing the phone test. Welcome to the Wreckmania Club Chad & Marc!

How many people are we up to now? I am still trying to convince my friend Tami to come with Jeff and I. Are we getting close to capacity?

:bunny: Heather :bunny:

I must be showing my age. Could some of the old timers step in and help me out?
I guess you two don't remember the book fom the early 80's?, or was it late 70's called, " Real men don't eat Quiche", eh?

PS. There is still plenty of room for new Wreckmaniacs to join the trip.

Real Men Don't Eat Quiche
Bruce Feirstein Lee Lorenz (Illustrator)

Format: Paperback
ISBN: 0671492284
Publisher: Pocket Books
Pub. Date: September 1983

By the way I'm off the board for the weekend, in Shipshawa, Indiana.

I just spoke with Natasha, and she said to tell everyone I passed the phone test! Let me tell you, that was tough. So, it looks like I’ll be attending Wreckmania II. I’m looking to share a room if anyone needs a roomie. PM me if you are interested.

Thanks.

In any case, I need to work out the finances, but I plan on coming to Wreckmania II. I will need a ride from Fort Lauderdale airport and a room mate since Donna isn't planning on attending.

Hello! Sorry I have been MIA lately - haven't had time to log on as much anymore. Still trying to keep up with the board tho.

I am not sure if I can make this trip next year. I would love to see everyone again. Long story short - I have decided that I absolutely abhor my job and am giving my 2 weeks in 3 weeks. So I will be unemployed thus pennyless. Especially with the holiday season coming up. Although, I have been toying with the idea of getting a new job that gives me the weeks of WMII and Cayman week off. :tease:

On another note - my marathon is TOMORROW!!! Woo-hoo! I'm so excited. I am aiming for a time of between 4.5 and 5 hours. Hope I make it.

Sandy

Sandy,
I know you'll do well! Would you post how well you finished? Sandy, you'll be missed if you can't make the Caymans. :tree: Bob

Hi Sandy:
I was wondering where you have been. It's good to see you're still thinking "Dive Trips." We'll cross our fingers you can make the Cayman trip and this one.
Dennis:
Hi! In case anyone read your post before you edited it, (I did) I think we should tell them a few things.
Dennis is Walter's Big? brother. So if he seemed like he didn't want to take the phone test, that could be why.
Ha!
But Pete will tell you, he even took it.
Don't worry Dennis you have a 50/ 50 chance of passing.
I think I may change the room sharing buddies around a bit.
So anyone needing a buddy, just post that, and after talking to each one of you, it's best I pair you up.
OK?
PS Walter will vouch for me on this. I gave him a great room mate for Bonaire.

My post before I edited it was a bit facetious. I was trying to be funny and I really and truly don't mind taking the phone test at all. Walter thought I wasn't funny, go figure. In any case I'll take any phone test required for any dive trip. The real clencher is getting the finances straight so I can take the trip. We just bought a house in an area that is at least 50% higher for real estate costs than Melbourne, FL. Donna has had to have her Airplane Engine rebuilt unexpectedly, which costs the same as a moderately priced new car. And, Donna is still looking for a job. Anybody need a professional pilot?

Well, I did think it was funny before you edited it. So chances are pretty good, you'll pass my test. I seem to like dry humor. :)
So whenever you're comfortable committing to the trip let us know.
We have 5 rooms left as of today.
While I told some of you in PMs, and some on the phone, here are the cancellation polices.
Of the 200.00 deposit, 150.00 is refundable. So there is a 50.00 charge to cancel while under deposit.
This time, after full payments the trip is 100% non refundable. Last trip, I gave back refunds, and it wasn't easy. The dive shop and resort want the money to hold very prime spring space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom