Wrecks for recreational divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

here's some in the caribbean:

The Wreck of the RMS Rhone | Dive BVI plus they have a small wreck alley
Blue Island Divers Dive SItes
Bermuda's Top Shipwreck Dives
Theo's Wreck
The Bonaire Shipwreck Expo Directory Capt. Dan Berg's Guide to Shipwrecks information
Superior Producer - temporarily closed while a 2nd cruise pier is added nearby.

A lot of the Southeast US coast diving is wreck diving - here's South Carolina's:
Myrtle Beach Scuba Diving Sites & Prices | Express Watersports

I don't wreck dive and I liked the Rhone.

Superior Producer is still open to dive, the pier construction has not started yet, I did dive it last December, you can't dived when a Cruiser is parked, bud the scuba schools know which day the cruises arrive and leave.

Last edited:
I discovered my interest in dive sites with history like wreck sites.

Besides the famous Yongala, Liberty, Thistlegorm, Bianca C, Coolidge what are great wrecks for recreational divers?
Truk Lagoon, Shinkoku Maru Tanker, at the bow at 12m depth in 28 deg,C water:

------
There is no better accessible and dive-able collection and variety for recreational divers of historical WWII ships sunk-in-action than the wrecks of Truk Lagoon, in the warm tropical waters of Chuuk Micronesia:

Compare with these classic Truk film & analog video archives from the past:
1970:
The Undersea World of Jacques Cousteau: Lagoon of Lost Ships
1984:
Ghost Ships of Truk Lagoon

Last edited:
I'd second the WWII wrecks of the Philippines. I stayed on Sangat Island which is centrally located. Here are the wreck descriptions from Sangat re: the Coron area.

I also loved the WWII wrecks in the Solomons Islands particularly the ones on Munda plus they have tons of marine life & pristine dive sites. (Side note: Dive Munda offers fantastic, personalized service...the best service I've ever had at a dive shop anywhere in the world.) +There's a lot of diving yet to be discovered there. I kid you not, each year they find something new like the WWII dump site they just found which has a bulldozer!

I concur on the Great Lakes. Lots of great wrecks if you can tolerate the colder waters. If not, Oahu has a few. Ex-HMAS Brisbane in Aus was good. San Diego also has a few including the ex-HMCS Yukon.

Not the balmy cold of the Pacific but COLD like 36-40 degrees at the bottom cold.

I'm pretty wimpy when it comes to temperature. Water is in the low to mid 40's in winter. I can't imagine dropping another 5 degrees or so. I'm already thinking about getting a heated vest for longer dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom