Wrinkles March '07 Dive Planning Thread - Catalina Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ted S:
I'm sorry to hear that pasley... good luck out there!

For those of you who can make it, I'll see you all tomorrow or saturday!

Ted!! Bring my bottle and give it to chickofthesea so I can get it back! I think she is coming out on Saturday. PLEASE!!

pasley:
Sorry guys,
Leave was cancelled. Sent out on temporary duty north of Baghdad for an undtermined length of time. I hope to get leave in one or three months, so maybe I will see you all then.

Until then, I am sanddiving.

Be safe!

Terry... was Ted supposed to bring your bottle of Scotch or vodka? Just teasing.

Weather forecast for the weekend sounds fantabulous... possible records to fall on Sunday. Bring your suntan lotion everyone! The King Neptune only has three divers with reservations for Sat so they may not go out either day and you'll be stuck with me at the Point.

Just finishing up my latest DVD... a combo of "Common Invertebrates..." and "Common Fish of the Sea of Cortez." Most of the footage was filmed in the early 2000's and isn't quite up to my current standards, but there's some good stuff.

Melvin...we've never met, but you and your fellow boots are on my mind everyday. Be well and safe and I look forward to meeting you.

As for the rest of you lot, I am so jealous that I cant join you for the Dorkfest that is sure to ensue this weekend. Be loud, be proud and make sure you take pictures!

Beeches...

Not gonna make this one. Have fun folks.

Will I be the first to report on this dive? Of course... I live here so I have access to my computer.

Although the King Neptune did get enough divers signed up to go out today, I elected to join old and new friends at the dive park for the Wrinkles Dive. It was great to see everyone who showed up... in fact, SB dominated the park!

Ken and Claudette reported on the numerous species of nudies they saw on their dives yesterday and early today. Wait, this is the dive park... nudies are not allowed here. I decided I had to do a dive with the two of them to see what they would spot.

Bu first I joined the group heading out to the Valiant. I wore my "new" wetsuit for the first time. Since it is a semi-dry, I wasn't wearing my 7mm hooded vest underneath and didn't compensate for that lost buoyancy. Yep, slightly over-weighted. Had to keep kicking on my surface swim to the Valiant to stay at the surface!

Now the three mooring cans have changed position a bit so the route to the Valiant has changed as well. I missed it the last time I dove it with seasoned Avalon veteran and dive Buddy Vicki. I missed it again this time, although located it after a few minutes. Nice dive, but not a lot for me to film so I headed up to shallower water and towards the dive park avoiding deco.

Second dive was in the direction of the Sujac with Ken and Claudette. Spent most of the time filming the two of them... filming the tiny things that Claudette spots with ease, but my ancient eyes can't bring to clear focus. Enjoyed the dive with them.

Of course the highlight of the Wrinkles events is the people who attend. Certainly have enjoyed that. Hope Christian calls soon to let me know where everyone is eating. I've finished editing the day's footage already!

More tomorrow! And warmer tomorrow, too!!! I love SoCal winters, especially with global warming added.

I'm at Avalon next week (out of town guest issues). Hope someone will post the new line-ups for the Valiant so I don't look like a dork showing off the sand at 100 ft.

Jim

Why should you be any different from me, LAJim! I've missed it twice in a row (but found it both times).

I noticed Mo2vation and HBDiveGirl went to the third large can out there and they found it. To me, that would have been an overshoot before. Divers who stopped at the second can with me dropped down on the stern. I was the only one who missed the darned thing.

Swim out to the second mooring (the mooring at the corner of the park being zero), take a heading toward the third, drop down the line and you'll run right into it following that heading. Yesterday, Mark (scvdiver) and I pretty much dropped right on the stern this way.

Thanks everyone. My wife and I enjoyed meeting all of you! Maybe we'll make the next one and setup a little closer to the action next time.

Dave & Marian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom