Wrist Mounted Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ron,

It has been a long journey...hopefully you can see light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks,

~Oldbear~

Thanks for the update Ron! Without giving details how did you like it?
Well, I may be a little biased, but I like it a lot, and think it will be a great product. It is very strongly constructed, yet a bit smaller on the wrist than other computers with the same size screen. We have paid a lot of attention to what users want in an AI wrist computer, and tried to make something that fits those desires while keeping the ease of use of the Cobalt 2.

Ron

Yes, we have another batch that has been made now in our preparation for production quantities. It's getting much closer. Atomic doesn't like to announce anything until they really have all the details nailed down and know exactly when the product will be available. That probably goes double for anything with a computer, as there are a lot of details. Maximum hoseless range will be dependent on water conditions and any terrain, but I've personally received buddy air signals from over 250' away.

-Ron

Very interested to see what Atomic's offering is. Shearwater just announced an A.I. Perdix, and we're about to hit Black Friday and leap into the holiday shopping/buying season. And DEMA starts day after tomorrow.

Richard.

It was the subject of some debate, but Atomic won't be showing the wrist at DEMA. They are not much driven by the show schedule. They really don't like to show something until it is essentially ready to ship, and the Cobalt wrist is not quite to that point yet, though it should be soon. I can say the wireless / hoseless technology enables keeping track of your gas and a buddy's to distances in the (low) hundreds of feet, depending on obstructions and water conditions. It has the same size display as the console, and a slightly larger capacity battery. I think it looks really slick, and the case should be pretty near bulletproof. Stay tuned.

Ron

Thanks, Ron. Some people value buddy gas monitoring (seems like some people who dive with immediate family, especially kids, show a liking for that in posts), and a display size like the console sounds great. Pull that off as good or better battery life, and I want to see this thing.

I'm like'n my Cobalt 2, by the way.

A big issue will be price. The Cobalt is a recreational computer. While the large majority of rec. divers never go tec. from what I understand, the Perdix can do that and Shearwater is a strongly reputable name in tec. diving (this will impact recommendations on dive computers on Scuba Board, a form of 'future proofing'). Plus for big display wrist rec. diving units the EON Steel seems to get a lot of notice. Atomic's going to be late to the game.

Richard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom