Writing a paper and need help from.........

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rainbowgirl2008

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
All divers with any form of past or current PTSD,Trauma/Abuse. My paper is titled Trauma, PTSD, and the Effects SCUBA Diving has on the Symptoms. I am a trauma survivor myself. I suffer from PTSD myself. I am writing the paper for the therapist that helped me through this. I want to have others input to back up my belief of the impact that SCUBA has on those who suffer PTSD. My impact is that since I have started to dive I have seen a decrease in my ptsd symptoms. This may not be true for everyone. I just would like people to write their experiences of achieving certification having a disability with ptsd, how scuba has lessened or worsened your ptsd symptoms, has scuba impacted your life, self esteem, self worth. Tell me all about it. You do not have to use your real name. Use a catchy dive name and just let me know your age and male or female is the trauma an abuse/childhood trauma or military trauma. No details needed of trauma. Email to rainbowgirl2008 at gmail dot com put in subject SCUBA project Thank You

Since I teach SCUBA classes for veterans with PTSD and TBI I will poll my students past and present and see if they are willing to share. I also have a copy of the Veterans Administration Hospital staff report on one of the classes which included reductions in depression medications and as you pointed out other improvements.

SCUBA pushes back the bad experiences and dreams and replaces them with pleasant ones. It makes you less anxious and feeds that adrenaline junkie at the same time. Not a cure perhaps, but SCUBA does help. Disabled Veterans SCUBA Project Perhaps you should talk to some of the other programs. This months issue (June 2010) of Dive Training Magazine on page 30 has an excellent article about adaptive SCUBA diving. On Page 36 it list organizations such as mine that are serving our military veterans and would therefore have a high concentration of students with PTSD.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom