WTH's going on with ScubaBoard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just a matter of getting use to the new look. SB is not going back to the old format so best to get familiar with the new look.

What I will hope for is that when the upgrade and "tweaks" are completed, that we can have "most" of the indexing potential the older version had....we had the ability to "see" or drill down to what we were looking for, much more easily before.....I would think this would be something that "tweaks" of the new templates should be able to deal with easily.

I will say the the visual format of the board at this moment, is not nearly as appealing as it used to be--again, probably because it is much harder now to see all the destinations( forums) you want to view right away, or the " view my posts" as easily for keeping up with the arguements/I mean discussions you are in :) , and at the moment it has more of a look of "downgrading the previous version' of the site....But again, this could very easily be nothing more than the method of upgrading, and the whole thing will probably be way better by tommorow or the next day.....
Scubaboard is still by far the best discussion board on the Internet for divers...there is no close second :)

Currently the forum is operating under a "default style" template. Some features are temporarily disabled while the core system is finalized. Once all that is taken care of, then the "tweaks" that made Scubaboard, scubaboard, can be addressed. This is major undertaking and is going to be a gradual process, completed in stages so please be patient as the upgrades are done.

I agree with danvolker that SB is far and away the best discussion board on the Internet for divers. It is international with a wide range of contributors and offers good information to divers new and old.

On a separate note, maybe we should start a separate support thread where the rest of us can ask the "where did this go" and "how do you do this now" questions without bothering Howard et al., while the migration is still in progress.

it's just a matter of getting use to the new look. Sb is not going back to the old format so best to get familiar with the new look.

:p ijs

Reactions: Jax
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom