WV divers, I have an exposure protection ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cfdsmokeater

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Heading down/over to NC to do some wreck diving in mid August for the first time. Wondering what exposure protection you have taken or would take.

Thanks.

& before anybody asks.....Im asking you all instead of the "NC wreck divers" because you are experienced in the conditions we dive normally. Been down to Largo and locals are diving 5 mils w/ hoods and our group was diving no suits and were completely comfortable. I would imagine the conditions would be similar if not better than our local spots, but I don't want to assume.

I was off the coast this weekend and I was in a 3mil, water temps are in the low to mid 70's right now and should be getting warmer. You might want to keep the 3mil in mind for jelly fish and stuff though. You shouldn't need anything heavier though.

Have fun. Maybe we'll be out there too.

Paula

I looked back in my log and for that time of year I normally wear a skin or a 3mm shorty with a skin under it. Temps are normally in the mid to upper 70's. Of course you're gonna want to wear gloves, and I normally wear a beanie, jellies are bad that time of year especially inshore. Now you just have to worry about those pesky hurricanes!

Thanks for the feedback,

Joe.

Dove in a 3mil farmer john top and was comfortable. Some jellies @ hangline depth but no problems. Air was 85, depth was 79. U-352 x2 first day. Normania and Cassimir second. Great time.

normannia and the cassimir on your first trip thats fantastic. easily two of the best wrecks down there. glad you had a good trip

Yea, from what I hear I'm pretty lucky. The 2nd day was supposed to be the Proteius (sorry if misspelled), but conditions were bad so we went to the above wrecks. Had a great time. Could have spent a week diving each.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom