X-Prop - Fixed Pitch Propeller

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just saw this new fixed angle prop on the dive xtras site.

X-Prop - Fixed Pitch Propeller - Accessories - Dive Xtras

I wonder if there's a noticeable difference from the standard prop. Marketing copy states 15-22% improvement in efficiency.

-Erik

They've been working on this for several years. It was designed by an actual propellor engineer. Last I heard, it fits a Sierra but was really only for the Cuda though.

Just saw this new fixed angle prop on the dive xtras site.

I wonder if there's a noticeable difference from the standard prop. Marketing copy states 15-22% improvement in efficiency.

My admittedly unscientific observation from having the things in the water on working dive yesterday is that they produce way less turbulent flow, and the scooter just seems smoother and easier to ride.

Last I heard, it fits a Sierra but was really only for the Cuda though.

:confused: I am quite happy with the results on my Sierras.

My admittedly unscientific observation from having the things in the water on working dive yesterday is that they produce way less turbulent flow, and the scooter just seems smoother and easier to ride.

:confused: I am quite happy with the results on my Sierras.

Any effect on speed (measured or perceived) or runtime on the Sierra?

Perceived speed is at least 150% faster

Perceived speed is at least 150% faster

Assuming you're yanking my chain... Damn, I knew I was opening myself up with that perceived bit. :)

I just wanted to make sure people knew I was okay with anecdotal reports, without waiting for Tahoe.

I have no measured speed results to offer, and am content to wait for another Tahoe benchmark for that (should one be put together - it certainly must be a lot of work).

As for perception all I can offer is what seems to me to be less turbulent flow from the prop. A friend with more trigger time on the Sierra than I offers that it "feels" a "bit faster".

As for run time, I use the DSS lithium batteries, which even hauling me, my CCR and multiple stages around often exceed my attention span in terms of burn time.

That said, the chargers offer an interesting tidbit: on the dives I have done with the new props the amount of charge returned to the batteries has been about 20% less than with the old props. YMMV of course.

I have seen Supersand's prop first hand, and must say it is a thing of beauty. Completely machined much like an Acme prop. Looks SIC!

It should fit on many different brands of scooters too. The question becomes how well does it throw water out of the rinse bucket??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom