XCD2 vs Trilam HD buoyancy characteristics?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

evil_xander

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've browsed through a lot of posts in this section, but have found either attempts on getting the answer or a thread hijack, so let's give it a try. :)

I'm thinking about getting a DS, could be XCD2 or Trilam HD, by Bare, but I gotta try them first to know am I really going that direction. So far, they fit the budget and all other requirements I had in mind.

My questions to people owning them, or those that dived both, is, what are the buoyancy characteristics of them, in terms how much lead you used with either of them, and if you can compare that with the amount of lead you used with something like two piece 5mm wetsuit?

All other info and opinions I got so far...

Perhaps just a brief info on my current setup and dive locations:
- two piece 5mm wetsuit
- single tank, 15 L steel
- standard BCD, too much lift
- 8 kg of lead (looking to cut that down by 1-2kg as I switch to SS BP/W in some 30 days)
- i dive in sea exclusivly
- shore and boat dives, nothing specific
- in the part of the coast where I live, sea temperatures vary from 22-10 degrees C through the year (but usually stick with 11-14 degrees at depth)

I'm thinking perhaps XCD2 would serve me better as I could use it with little or almost no undergarments at such temperatures, as I'm used to diving wet and it's not that much of a problem, anymore. :) But, how buoyant is it, exactly...

All my current dives are strictly recreational, in terms I don't venture into either caves or wrecks, just stick around them (and have no plans to go in any time soon), but have a tendency to dive a lot in depths ranging from 30-40m. Also, no plans on going ice diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom