xDeep BLACK - bottom timer / computer features. Sold beginning Friday, July 26th !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmm, dive profiteering... Sounds profitable. Send me your money, I'll put your computer in the mail in two weeks. :wink:

Im on the plane now, and have three brand new ones with me. Don't you wish you were one of the first three to order? More coming in two weeks, the steady supply should be on its way!

Man, of your word? Please give me my $3k as 3 people are going to break you for $9k pretty damn quick

Have the three xDeeps been delivered yet? I've been playing with my Petrel since mid-Monday. VERY safe bet.

A race that would be interesting is to see if my wife gets a Petrel before the xDeep Blacks are in stock and actually available in real world numbers. The catch? She doesn't like the size of the Petrel or want anything that fancy as all she is is a warm water rec diver, but likes the fact you can set up a blue and green color scheme on it....her two favorite colors. It's likely to happen once we strike the lottery.....but I'll get a backup Petrel long before that happens.

And you dont think the delays are frustrating for X deep? Your reality paints them as wanting to piss you off and not take your money. Who's reality is jaded? They have a ton of kick ass products, their stuff is not fly by night! Ask anyone diving a Stealth sidemount or new Ghost BP/w. **** happens, at the end of the day, there have been delays...delays I'm sure they didnt want or plan for when they made shipping promises. It sucks, it happened, I'm over it and it happens all the time in this and many other industries. Enjoy your petrel, soon people will be enjoying their Blacks.....my reality is clear, I know nothing is directed at me....I'm not mad, far from it actually! I have 3 blacks to make 3 people really happy.....and a whole slew of people to follow

X-Deeps frustrations are caused by X-Deep and their vendors not from their clients. Also why should a consumer care about a manufacture's frustration? Headaches and frustrations are a part of business. I am sure the management of GM is frustrated over the faulty ignition switches but they still need to be repair the affected cars on a timely basis.

Is X-Deep run by professionals or amateurs? A professional would not make false shipping promises over and over again because professionals understand manufacturing and logistics. Professionals also do not let their dealers take the heat for their problems. Didn't Tecdivegear start this thread and then abandon it? Here is a post from the end of January that all back orders will be closed in two weeks. It is April already and you have three computers.

The reality is that this post started in July with Tecdivegear saying the product will ship in a couple of weeks. The reality is that customers are repeatedly told the product will ship in a week or two. The reality is that it is now April and you have three computers. The reality is that if customers were told back in July that the product would not ship for over six months many would not have ordered or given deposits and many would have purchased another product.

As far as their other products, I remember having an exchange with someone from Tecdivegear over the XDeep Ghost product. The product seems very similar to a discontinued Seac product that Piranha was selling for a fraction of the cost. The Seac had a small wing, a special light-weight plate and even the double crotch strap. I wanted to know the specific advantages of their product over the Seac (or the Halcyon which is actually less expensive) and they could not articulate a specific response.

I like many others in this forum am a satisfied DRIS customer. My advice is don't risk too much of your reputational capital on X-Deep,

Last edited:
The reality is that if customers were told back in July that the product would not ship for over six months many would not have ordered or given deposits and many would have purchased another product.

I think you hit the nail on the head with this statement. And the true reason that although I am not in a hurry to get a new computer, and could probably wait for the Black if I needed, I am not sure I would buy one - even when available. It just seems shady to me.....It seems to me that they were willing to say they had shipped - for the sole reason of keeping customers on the hook. So those customers didn't go out and buy something else. There is no way you can tell me that they thought it would be "two weeks" in July 2013, but then just hit some snags. That was 35 weeks ago...or over 17 instances of "two weeks"!!!

I'm not risking my reputation on X Deep, and would never think that any manufacturer will ever hurt us for their actions. My posts are simple, there are delays, and nobody, not even the manufacturer wants them. We are here, whether any of us like it or not, we are here with no computers and light at the end of the tunnel.....WE HOPE. If me doing my job, and relaying info from the manufacturer to my customers, and giving them the hope and story that I believe to be true is wrong...then I can't help myself :wink:. Someone needed to come here and give some updates, whether popular or not. I would think the additional orders that have come from this thread still going, prove that I'm not risking much....more being what people want in their Dive Shop. Someone not hiding, and doing the best they can to get their products and get them answers...as that is always better than darkness.

Like I said before, we see this pretty much every day across the board with all manufacturers depending on the product...if anyone thinks it's just X Deep, you are mistaken. They are just taking the most heat right now as they have the hottest new product. So, no, I don't feel I am risking my reputation anywhere...as we have been here before, and will be here again, and again, and again. There is a great product coming, if you can wait, wait for it. If at anytime you can't wait, there are lots of computers on the market, we will even get you a big discount on another since you waited. We shipped out 3 to our first 3 orders...they will be getting them soon, and I'm sure will fall in love with them. I'm sure it will have been worth the wait for them, although it would have been much nicer to never wait.

Mike, it is Sebastian's absence - not your presence - that is the issue. Sebastian is a naive and very very bad businessman. Never make promises you can't keep. He has done this repeatedly WITH NO REMORSE. If he or his friend in Poland had simply kept us informed, there would be no issue.

When I stopped at their booth at BTS, it was biz as usual. Demos in full swing. When I asked about availability, he started to lie again about that magical timeframe. Just say "I don't know" and I could accept that. But...bs'ing us over and over again is inexcusably bad business practice. I asked him why he had stopped responding on SB - his response? "The guys on SB are out to get me. I'm no longer interested in doing that".

You see - according to his way of thinking, this is all OUR fault...

Mike, it is Sebastian's absence - not your presence - that is the issue. Sebastian is a naive and very very bad businessman. Never make promises you can't keep. He has done this repeatedly WITH NO REMORSE. If he or his friend in Poland had simply kept us informed, there would be no issue.

When I stopped at their booth at BTS, it was biz as usual. Demos in full swing. When I asked about availability, he started to lie again about that magical timeframe. Just say "I don't know" and I could accept that. But...bs'ing us over and over again is inexcusably bad business practice. I asked him why he had stopped responding on SB - his response? "The guys on SB are out to get me. I'm no longer interested in doing that".

You see - according to his way of thinking, this is all OUR fault...

Ha ha...Ya, I get that. There are definitely different people out in the world. A lot of people are scared to come here and voice anything though...the bandwagons can get circled pretty quick sometimes. We have all seen it. I think that was what they were trying to not get in to, but it happened. Like AMS saying I should becareful of my reputation...that is what keeps people from coming here. The thought that they could do more harm than good. Me, I don't care :wink:

Any updates from the lucky three who got the mystery computers from DRIS? Any updates from xDeep? (Second question is a joke).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom