xDeep BLACK - bottom timer / computer features. Sold beginning Friday, July 26th !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Please do not edit my quotes and publish them back as mine as some users may not see the original ones and we gonna have a misguide problem again, all right ?

"A misguide problem"?

I could go on and on here. Post 1 is the quintessential example of a "misguide problem".

Here is what should have happened:

Dear customers,

I would like to apologize for the delay in getting the xDeep computers to you. We know that you really want to get them wet and we know why. This is a great computer that we know you will love.

As you know we have had production issues that have prevented us from deliverying the computers as fast as we wanted. We want to make sure that they meet our and your standards before sending them to you, our valued customer.

Rather than make promises we know we can't keep, we ask you to check our FB page and sign up fpr product updates. If you like our page, we'll send you a $10 coupon towards your purchase.

Thanks for your understanding.

XDeep

Problem resolved. We understand.

INSTEAD they have chosen to argue, bitch and moan about how we're annoying them, and how we continue to get frustrated by THEIR endless lies and obfuscations. Yup, when the going gets tough, blame the customer!

Well, you have a point about how they handled this thread, but I think the (to me, very overdone) rage and contempt on this thread has pushed them in to a more defensive posture. We all know the ideal communication that we would like, but people are just human after all and when you (repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly) express anger or scorn for them they tend to withdraw. A humiliating business school case study?? Please. I hope no one here actually instigated that.

I learned, from this thread and the links, that x-deep was having manufacturing issues and the the wait could be long. I also learned, from this thread, that if I was a confirmed buyer that had plunked down my money I could get direct personal feedback from TDG or XDeep and would know about further delays. If you are a paying customer and are dissatisfied with your contact with TDG or Xdeep, then you certainly have a right to complain.

I also learned that, as a member of the non-buying but eagerly awaiting general public, I would not get the personal customer service or responses that paying customers got.

No problem there, that is what customer service is all about, customers.

I also learned that TDG and X-deep might not regularly monitor this thread or give it the same attention it gives to paying customers. These are small outfits, not Scubapro or Oceanic, who might be able to dedicate personnel to thread watching. So, no big deal.

Since I was able to take away all of this from the thread, could not others?

It is hard to imagine a more specialized or smaller market than high-end dive computers. We should count ourselves lucky that outfits like Shearwater, Liquivision, XDeep and Uemis advanced the state of the art for all of us, they are certainly not going to be millionaires over this.

Personally, I am looking forward to seeing the computers in person next month.

Yes I agree 100%. It would have been nice to learn about the delays from the manufacturer. IF ONLY THEY HAD CHOSEN TO INFORM US OF THESE DELAYS. Instead they elected to tell us at every opportunity that delivery was always two weeks away. They had ample opportunity to correct this and in fact have NEVER ADRESSED it hence the frustration and outrage. SB is an excellent medium to do so-it was Piotr who chose SB to make the availability announcement here.

Oh, I've seen the computers inperson three times. They look great!

Yes I agree 100%. It would have been nice to learn about the delays from the manufacturer. IF ONLY THEY HAD CHOSEN TO INFORM US OF THESE DELAYS. Instead they elected to tell us at every opportunity that delivery was always two weeks away. They had ample opportunity to correct this and in fact have NEVER ADRESSED it hence the frustration and outrage. SB is an excellent medium to do so-it was Piotr who chose SB to make the availability announcement here.

Oh, I've seen the computers inperson three times. They look great!

I think that point has been made quite well already.

...but never addressed.

If you are a paying customer and are dissatisfied with your contact with TDG or Xdeep, then you certainly have a right to complain.

Hey hey...don't forget about DRIS :wink: lol great points. It's the point we are at with these computers, they will be here, everyone will love them, and the wait will soon be over

You're in Germany. You should have no problem getting one. Way before us...LOL. Just ask Ludwig where he got his.

The german distributor, xDeep Germany, says this on their website:

The xDEEP BLACK Bottom Timer, also the associated upgrades are not available for the time being. Unfortunately the manufacturer xDEEP can not give a concrete statement about potential availabilities of this devices. Therefore, xDEEP Germany, authorized distributor and in charge with the distribution of xDEEP products, take out the xDEEP BLACK Bottom Timer provisionally form the product range. We will inform you as soon as the manufacture ensure availability.

At the moment there is no diveshop or website in germany selling this dive computer. So we do have problems getting one.

The german distributor, xDeep Germany, says this on their website:

At the moment there is no diveshop or website in germany selling this dive computer. So we do have problems getting one.

Yup. My original order was with DeepStop in Schwetzingen. After they cancelled, I found TecDiveGear.

That's the right way to handle it. What a difference between The German dist and Seb.
The big question is where are the 800 computers that they are manufacturing each month going?

Never, ever, ever, buy any gear (dive, technical, personal computer etc) until it has been available for a least a year and there have been no adverse comments. Why anyone would consider buying this computer after all the false promises and failures I do not understand.

Back
Top Bottom