xtx 50 model for singles and doubles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi XXLS,

Personally I think if you are just doing single tank back mount you do not need the 5th port.

5th port would be on the bottom facing down when connecting the first stage to the tank OR pointing to your right side when attached horizontally.

When I dive single tank, I make the first stage vertical. The two regs come out of the LP ports on the right, the two inflation hoses and HP hose come out of the left.

#4 is T bone describing my set up, but having the primary reg come out of the 5th port and not one of the standard LP ports.

Easier with pictures.

1. This is a ds4, but with the DST without a 5th port it will look exactly the same.
rig.jpg

2. This is one option with the 5th port. The other is to rotate it all the way over so it looks like the left post of a set of doubles

hosekit_single_eclipse01.jpg

hoseconfig-all.jpg

So look at the regulator with the SPG on it, and that is what your rig will look like, but you'll have the long hose just behind the inflator hose on the turret.

3. If you have a drysuit and try to route your first stage like the doubles picture above, one of the inflators is going to be routed funny
4. This will look like the Halcyon picture with the backplate, you would just have two inflator hoses coming across the left side of your body. The turret is not always up, and if you have a 5th port, it never should be imho

Thank you so much for your fast & accurate answer....
I totally understand what to do now~
I think i can build my Reg correctly now.
I appreciate your work on mine stupid questions (^.^). Please feel free to tell if there is something i can do for help~

Hi XXLS,

Personally I think if you are just doing single tank back mount you do not need the 5th port.

5th port would be on the bottom facing down when connecting the first stage to the tank OR pointing to your right side when attached horizontally.

When I dive single tank, I make the first stage vertical. The two regs come out of the LP ports on the right, the two inflation hoses and HP hose come out of the left.

#4 is T bone describing my set up, but having the primary reg come out of the 5th port and not one of the standard LP ports.

Thank you very much for your anwser~
Your words is very useful for me too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom