Years it took to recover diving investment?

Number of year

• 1-2

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • 2-3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3-4

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • 4-5

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Over 5

• Still didn't after 5

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Over 10

• Still didn't after 10

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubble_Boy

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Question to all instructors out there. How many years did it take to break even from your teaching income to overcome all of the equipment and dive courses investment since the beginning of your diving life.

You never recover your investment lol every time you start to get close there is a whole new set of gear to buy :rofl3:
Even with a key man discount, gear and continuing education make it hard to get the outlay back.
Can you make a living at it? Yes, and one you will love, but that is a different question.

You never recover your investment lol every time you start to get close there is a whole new set of gear to buy :rofl3:
Even with a key man discount, gear and continuing education make it hard to get the outlay back.
Can you make a living at it? Yes, and one you will love, but that is a different question.

Should've included something like that in the choices :p
So you can't make a living out of it if you can't put $ aside...

Not an option, but not after 32 years since the ITC...

All the best, James

I got lucky and landed quite a few high priced private classes, which I upsold into higher margin con-ed very successfully, then after about a year of privates and helping with a giant college program, I got my own college program which became very successful very quickly. Definitely not normal.

ArrowUp.jpg

Newscubamarketing, the World's only scuba instructor making a good living at it. :)

Was making a good living at it :wink: I'm still making SCUBA-related money, but only a small percentage from actually teaching anymore.

I'm still profitable in my teaching, but that's only because I'm not really buying gear anymore (and when I do, it's all keyman pricing).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom