Yet another Saanich Inlet vis report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChillyWaters:
Yup :D

- ChillyWaters
we saw one there briefly the other day. I am glad they are making a comeback

Even though it wasn't a six gill I still feel bad I missed it.

I'll be out of the water for ~2 weeks while I recover from dental surgery. I need to find something to do with myself when I'm not working. Building a proper drying rack sounds like a good time killer.

I should be fine by Sept 10th though if anyone wants to do Ten Mile then. :D

Saw 3 small ones there this week, all under a foot long. In the rubble pile to the right.

Shawn95:
Saw 3 small ones there this week, all under a foot long. In the rubble pile to the right.

That's where we went. Perhaps I just don't know where to look, or what to look for. It's starting to p!$$ me off though. I want to seem some octopi.

- ChillyWaters

This has definitely been a good summer for seeing dogfish in the Inlet. Heading there tomorrow... most likely to McKenzie. Maybe I can find a 6-Gill!!

Shawn95:

That is where I saw the small one a few months ago with Navydoll. Months before that I saw a dying large one in the crack just past the rubble pile. Now that there is prime real estate available perhaps one of the small guys will move in.

OK so we dove Willis at near high slack tide. Vis was bad to 130ft then turned horrible. I did spot a hyperlimitus trimixus at 220ft and found a dive light at 205ft. Funny thing is the UK light looked like it had been there quite a while yet it worked when I turned it on. The owner may collect it if you can describe it and explain how it got where I found it.

wedivebc:
OK so we dove Willis at near high slack tide. Vis was bad to 130ft then turned horrible. I did spot a hyperlimitus trimixus at 220ft and found a dive light at 205ft. Funny thing is the UK light looked like it had been there quite a while yet it worked when I turned it on. The owner may collect it if you can describe it and explain how it got where I found it.
Marine mammals such as seals have been found in the stomachs of caught specimens of Hyperlimitus. Maybe the owner of the light was attacked by one. There just isn't enough solid information on this species to know for sure.

wedivebc:

Navydoll was talking about losing a Whites rental light, maybe it's hers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom