yoga and diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello users,
i just started recently with diving, but I defenetly would like to improve as fast as possible. I informed myself about additional trainingpossibilities for divers.

So I have two questions to all of you:

1.What's your general attitude towards diving as additional trainingpossibility to regular diving or preparation to the next diving trip?

2.Are there other possibilities for additional training or is everything useless at all?
Please tell me your opinions, questions and practical experiences about this topic.

Thanks in advance for your help and informations.

Sincerely yours,

Björn

General cardiovascular fitness is important for diving. The better your cardio, the less fatigued you will get underwater, and the less air you will waste. Thus, improving your cardiovascular fitness is good for diving.

Also, yoga is good because you learn how to breathe and relax.....which will help you to relax and breathe underwater, and use less air.

I'd be interested in what others have to say about top-side fitness. :blinking:

I friend of mine is a tech diver, yoga instructor and freediving instructor. She sees such a strong correlation between yoga and freediving that she started a freediving focused yoga routine. Here is her website. Home

Not quite what you are looking for I guess but somewhat relevant.

For the fun of it here is a video of her freediving on the Sea Tiger in Hawaii. the deck is at 100'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYqMDLQ-0hc

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom