You Are a GUE Diver and.............

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not everything that Halcyon makes is "DIR"

And not everything DIR is Halcyon!

Give Tobin at Deep Sea Supply a call about his awesome backplate and wing assemblies, and be sure to discuss his weight plates.

I second what Bob Sherwood said: Talk to Beto, he can discuss your needs and make any recommendations.

Absolutely!

Also, I'd guess your own future GUE Fundies instructor down in Los Angeles can help answer these questions :).

Regarding the color of drysuits, for sure, any man that is looking to get into GUE diving, there is only one color of choice - pink. :p

Word. My newest piece of DIR-exclusive gear:

G2sXu.jpg

Misa

Read that book a couple of times now and the specifics of what I'm asking were not present. Basically some of that same information is also on the website.

But I thank you all the same for taking the time out to respond

Adobo

I appreciate your attention to detail and for addressing my questions.

Peter Guy

You could almost open another thread with the implications of your response. I understand and appreciate your concerns. I'm sure for some they are quite valid.

I've done quite a bit of agency research and I'm going the GUE path w/o equivocation.

I started out NAUI and I love the principles of NAUI that didn't mean I hated PADI and would never take a PADI course....which I have

However I'm mapping out a course and a direction. GUE provides me with rock solid training and a like minded community to support what I believe is crucial for my future as a diver.

Again I appreciate your concerns but after two years of evaluation.

It's time for me to step up to the GUE challenge. (now if you could motivate me to do cold water diving:()

No really.... thanks for your comments. I've chosen my path.

Ben CA

You're funny man...I'm preparing for that NOT to be my experience after Fundies..

Your advice to hold off is good. Waiting to hear back from my e-mail to Alberto Nava.

Fisheater:

"And not everything DIR is Halcyon!"

You've got that right according to what I've been told around the states from non-Gue Tech divers. Many of them have a high regard for Halcyon gear.

I do agree with Peter that there are some inconsistencies from the websites (and Foundational) statements regarding avoiding quick releases and the Infinity cinch system.

At least I keep seeing it as a bit inconsistent. I could be wrong. Maybe it's just me, but, if Halcyon made it surely they would not make anything counter to their standards.

Kathydee

Of course I took your advice and have been in contact with Steven.

He has given me some great advice, but recommends that I make contact with local GUE divers to answer specific questions. (Hence the thread)

I'm sure it would be a lot easier if I was closer to him. When I'm down in So. Cal. in Jun I'll stop and see him. But class is not until Aug and I have to prep now if I want a rec pass.

Kathy you've been extremely helpful.

Thanks for all your responses.

Back
Top Bottom