You cannot possibly be DIR unless...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And yeah, I get that this thread is supposed to be humorous, but it's comments like these that help foster an "us vs. them" type of mentality.

Well, you can't prevent it with all those divers who only own a dog.

LOL, nice...
And you would have to get two cats, for the purposes of redundancy. Should one cat fail, you'd need to have access to the same type, size, color, shape, breeding, etc., etc.,

Wow... I forgot all about this post...

You want two? No problem. We can even do that in black. Next time you're in cave country, give me a shout. :D

This cat is NOT a DIR cat.
Whether he's good or not in the water has nothing to do with DIR.
First, it's not a very healty cat. And as mentioned above, he's not black.

As youtube is so reach with video of cats, I got a black cat, who at least will have no problem with situation awareness and will follow his teamates light signals...

With all that kicking, that cat would never pass fundies. He would silt out the place in no time. And you don't have to be black to be DIR compliant. It is nice plus, but not a must. The cat I posted had much better technique and his kicks in the water were beautiful gentile glides. No struggling or twirling and twitching about like your cat. He was calm and stayed in constant contact with his buddy.

Here is some fine drill work in the pool. I think watching the video will really help this diver as well as the rest of us while he practices retrieving a lost item in the pool.

KY:
ummmm suck it up princess... its a play on stereo types..

like for instance:

4. All english complain and whine

In true forum style I demand an apology English has a capital "E" :D

ky:
8. All new zealanders are backward, sheep shaggers... hmm that one might be true however... :D

over here that's the Welsh :D

if you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at?

DIR cave divers :D

(just kidding John!)

Back
Top Bottom