You know you're a diver when...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When half the shoes in your closet are dive boots

hightideheels-3.jpg

You know you're a diver when...
Your dive gear worth way more than your car.

Actually this isn't far from the truth LOL

A couple of weeks ago we were driving back from diving and had to stop at the tail end of a traffic jam. The car behind ours stopped too and the next one after that plowed right into the back of the traffic jam at 80km/h.

The car in between us and him got launched into the back of my car (a fiat doblo) that was full of diving gear. 2 twin sets, 2 boxes full of gear, 2 stages with 50% in them.

After making sure everyone was ok, getting the cars off of the freeway and calling 112 (European 911) the next thing we did was crawl into the back of the car to check the dive gear. The cargo door had been pushed in to the cargo area and the bumper was folded up into the same space where the gear was stowed.

After making sure the gear was ok, THEN we got out to survey the damage to the car.

LOL

R..

---------- Post added December 12th, 2014 at 04:52 PM ----------

You know you're a diver when crocks are an indispensable part of your wardrobe.

R..

After making sure the gear was ok, THEN we got out to survey the damage to the car.
Just think what may have happened to you had you not had your life saving equipment in the back.

[sidebar]

Well given how hard the crash was our initial concern was that 50% oxygen wasn't getting released into an area where a fire could potentially be started.

We actually got off easy. My car is getting fixed as we speak. The woman in the middle was driving her farther's car, which was 3 weeks old, and it was totaled. They got off easy too. There were 3 of them in th car and they were hit REALLY hard and three times. First by the car that rammed them, then the collision with us and a second collision with the car behind because he didn't stop moving forward after the first time.

We felt 2 collisions. There were no sounds of braking or any attempt to steer out of it by the guy who caused it.

Initially they got out and immediately reported that they had neck pain and tinnitus, which is why we called 911. They were pretty shocked by the whole thing and we needed to keep them from wandering around on the freeway before the ambulance arrived.

Strangely, the guy who caused the whole thing wasn't badly hurt. If you saw his car you would think otherwise but apparently seat belts and air-bags do actually work. The most amazing thing to me was to feel the air bags. Absolutely contrary to what I thought, it was not cold at all ... it was hot. That's the total opposite of what I expected.

R..
[/sidebar]

You know you're a diver when you ask your spouse "What's the dive plan?" -- and you're not going diving.

You know you are a diver when all of your disposable income goes towards dive trips and gear.

Last edited:
When you start blowing bubbles when you stick your head under the shower.When you complain about the visibility of a downloaded video not being good. My friend did this and we didn't even notice it was wrong until one person pointed it out.

...when you prefer duct tape over band aids

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...when you refuse to buy lobster because it's free on the bottom....not counting boat ticket and equipment :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom